Miami airport train to Lauderdale airport

I found a good flight time and price to Miami airport, but have to depart Port Everglades.  I see that there's a train from Miami airport to FLL airport.  Is this a real option?  With luggage?    So I could realistically take the train to FLL and book a hotel w/ airport shuttle near FLL?

2 hours ago, tetleytea said:

I found a good flight time and price to Miami airport, but have to depart Port Everglades.  I see that there's a train from Miami airport to FLL airport.  Is this a real option?  With luggage?    So I could realistically take the train to FLL and book a hotel w/ airport shuttle near FLL?

If you’re flying into Miami, why don’t you just use a shuttle or private car service to get to a Fort Lauderdale hotel, It seems that would be easier than going on a train with luggage. No need to even go to the Ft Lauderdale airport.

4 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

If you’re flying into Miami, why don’t you just use a shuttle or private car service to get to a Fort Lauderdale hotel, It seems that would be easier than going on a train with luggage. No need to even go to the Ft Lauderdale airport.

Online it suggests the taxi tab would be $130.   I could rent a one-way car from Orlando for that.  I mean I could, if it is indeed that much less trouble.

7 hours ago, tetleytea said:

I presume you are talking about Tri-Rail (https://www.tri-rail.com/).  I know many neighbors who use it to FLL and MIA with luggage so I don't think that should be an issue.  Also you can't beat the price but, on the other hand, your travel time is totally dependent on the train schedule.  The frequency varies greatly between weekdays (every 30 minutes) and weekends (hourly).

Posted (edited)

The Tri-Rail train station at Miami Airport is in the same building as the rental car center.  When you get off the tram from the airport terminals building, you turn left to access the rental cars or ahead and slightly right to Tri-Rail and local buses down the escalator

Tri-Rail at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood Dania and everybody else international airport is about two miles west of the airport. Shuttle buses run to the airport every few minutes.  I have seen hotel shuttles there, but I don't know if this is an on demand situation.

Edited by Cienfuegos
additional info