Tracy's Crab Shack

FancyTales

We will be arriving in Juneau on Princess line. Several in our group want to go eat crabs at Tracy's. How far from the dock is Tracy's Crab Shack. We have one person who has a mobility issue.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, FancyTales said:

We will be arriving in Juneau on Princess line. Several in our group want to go eat crabs at Tracy's. How far from the dock is Tracy's Crab Shack. We have one person who has a mobility issue.

What ship are you on and what is your arrival date? Depending on where your ship is docked, it could be 10-15 minutes walking distance up a slightly inclined roadway or boardwalk, or right next to your ship. Keep in mind that depending on how many ships are in port the sidewalks can be extremely crowded, especially when it is raining and everyone is under an umbrella and trying to stay sheltered. 

😁

Edited by dmwnc1959

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2024 at 2:08 PM, varpinater said:

Their website notes a Shack 2, which opened May 17th

On FB too..,

King Crab Shack

300 Whittier St.

Across from the JAHC/ the KTOO building. 

IMG_4588.jpeg

IMG_4591.jpeg

Edited by dmwnc1959

On 5/19/2024 at 8:25 AM, Ferry_Watcher said:

Once you arrive at the restaurant, be prepared to stand in what could be a long line (rain or shine).

The picture from their Facebook page...

IMG_4593.jpeg

• Like 1

As the others said, it is right on the dock in a large red building.  You can't miss it.  From where Princess typically moors, it should be a very short walk.....like one of the first things you come to when walking off the ship.

You see that line in the pic above?  That's short.  It's usually much longer.  Depending on the mobility issue, shack 2 is about a quarter mile walk down the sidewalk, past the Hangar, and past the Coast Guard Station.  It's in a large, open gravel parking lot, right on the water.  

• Thanks 2

If you can wait until Skagway the crab at Waddios was better and less expensive.  Several on my cruise right now said Tracy's was pricey for what they got.  Waddios is walking distance from the shuttle depot and not fancy at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/22/2024 at 6:13 PM, BeasleysMom66 said:

If you can wait until Skagway the crab at Waddios was better and less expensive.  Several on my cruise right now said Tracy's was pricey for what they got.  Waddios is walking distance from the shuttle depot and not fancy at all.

Looked it up to see if they had a website with menu... try Woadie's

2 hours ago, azappraiser said:

Looked it up to see if they had a website with menu... try Woadie's

Yup, my bad.  It's been a long 8 days.  Happy to be home but I stand by my review.  WOADIE'S is worth the time to try.

• Like 1

Be aware that not all the crab served at Tracy's is fresh catch, so check with them before you purchase if that is important to you. I saw an old review online in which the person took pics of frozen crab being prepared, and Tracy's replied that some of the crab is fresh caught but that the Bering Sea king crab is "fresh-frozen" because they are a winter fishery.

• 2 weeks later...

We were just there a couple of days ago on Princess. It is right at the dock, easy access. I was also hesitant about the line but someone told me it moves fast and they were right. We thought it was very good. Yes it is expensive but it pretty much was everywhere else as well. Yes the King & snow crab is frozen, just like everywhere else. It comes from the Bering Sea in North Alaska in the winter. The Dungeness can be caught in local waters fresh but I don't know for sure if there's is fresh or not. I had the King crab and it was delicious.

On 5/25/2024 at 2:33 PM, BeasleysMom66 said:

Thought I would add this:  

Sorry it is upside down.  Don't know why

LUNCH!.jpg

Do you remember the cost of this meal?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, kayehall said:

Do you remember the cost of this meal?

Oh yeah, including gratuity:  $105.  The crab leg alone was $85 but over a pound of meat.  It was delicious and I don't regret it but not a dining option I would do at home on a regular basis.  Definitely a travel treat I enjoyed though.

Here is their website including prices:  https://www.woadiesses.com/

Keep in mind seafood prices can change as market prices fluctuate.  

Edited by BeasleysMom66