MDR on embarkation day??

Anyone know if the MDR will be open for lunch on embarkation day? I think we’ve been to it in the past (unless I’m getting mixed up because our last 2 cruises have been Disney), but I’m not positive now. It’s a lot easier for me to speak to a chef about my uncommon food allergies there rather than the Windjammer so I’m trying to make a plan. 😊

1 minute ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I cruise at least once a month and I don’t recall any MDR being open to everyone for lunch on embarkation day. 

Mariner was doing a “test” on embarkation day lunch a few months ago.  I don’t think they’re still doing it.  It was a nice little lunch.  Not a huge menu but it was nice to have a quick, sit-down lunch on boarding day.  I have no idea what the outcome of the “test” was…but I haven’t seen it on any ship since.

• Like 1

Not knowing which ship or your allergy, maybe you should look at a specialty restaurant for lunch.  They are pretty reasonable in price for lunch.  On my Easter Anthem sail, I made reservations for my family-- DIL and granddaughter have food allergies and was able to discuss with the chef at Jamie's.

Ps.  Got a great dear last year when Royal had a Pasta day special promo and got Jamie's for $14.99 pp + grat. of 18%.  Granddaughter who was under 12 cost $12,99 + grat.

4 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I cruise at least once a month and I don’t recall any MDR being open to everyone for lunch on embarkation day. 

Bummer! But thank you!

15 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Not knowing which ship or your allergy, maybe you should look at a specialty restaurant for lunch.  They are pretty reasonable in price for lunch.  On my Easter Anthem sail, I made reservations for my family-- DIL and granddaughter have food allergies and was able to discuss with the chef at Jamie's.

Ps.  Got a great dear last year when Royal had a Pasta day special promo and got Jamie's for $14.99 pp + grat. of 18%.  Granddaughter who was under 12 cost $12,99 + grat.

That's a good idea, I hadn't thought about it! We normally don't do specialty dining, but it might be worth looking into!

4 minutes ago, Matt&Carolyn said:

That's a good idea, I hadn't thought about it! We normally don't do specialty dining, but it might be worth looking into!

Look at the price in the cruise planner as it is cheaper than booking on board.

• Like 1

There may possibly be a good sale around Memorial Day weekend. Of course, if you purchase specialty dining and it goes down in price, you can always cancel and repurchase. Happy cruising!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Matt&Carolyn said:

Many of us without allergies enjoy lunch in a specialty restaurant on embarkation day.  It is a relaxing way to start a cruise…perhaps even more so in your case.