Bike shorts under short dresses instead of slips?

I've got a couple of short (slightly above the knee dresses) & am wondering if anybody has ever gotten bike shorts to wear under them instead of slips?....slips can be so clingy & mostly I want something for modesty on stairs or escalators....comments, please.

One of our forum regulars recommended them under skirts for flights since they have pockets - I like that idea.  I think they would be fine , I would compare it to a shape underwear rather than as a slip. 

• Like 2

I wear a dress for every boarding day. It’s just above my knees and cotton fabric is like a t-shirt weight. The skirt has a bit of volume and I always wear bike shorts as it is almost always windy at ports and at sail away.

If the wind blows or if I need to haul my carry-on on the stairs, I don’t have to worry about the skirt.

I do have a pair that is quite smooth vs. similar fabric to the dress, that way the skirt doesn’t stick too the shorts.

This will be my attire a week from today!

• Like 4

Yep, I do this all the time when I wear tee-shirt dresses -- and not just on cruises.  I buy mine from Amazon, and I absolutely love them.  I only buy 'em with pockets; the pockets are large and deep, and I feel safe keeping my money and ID in one pocket and my phone in the other when we go ashore.  Onboard, where your dress is likely to blow around in the wind, it's a modest choice.  

• Like 2

I pretty much only wear dresses and skirts, and due to the dreaded chub rub, I always wear shorts under them. 

I'm a huge fan of Thigh Society undershorts. You can get them in various colours, lengths, and weights (from bike-short type to 'the cooling', which is very thin, sheer, but still does a great job at both providing cover and avoiding chafing.) You can get them in various 'skin-like' tones, as well as black and fun colours. They're slippy, so they don't cause cling. 

1 hour ago, neeuqdrazil said:

I pretty much only wear dresses and skirts, and due to the dreaded chub rub, I always wear shorts under them. 

I'm a huge fan of Thigh Society undershorts. You can get them in various colours, lengths, and weights (from bike-short type to 'the cooling', which is very thin, sheer, but still does a great job at both providing cover and avoiding chafing.) You can get them in various 'skin-like' tones, as well as black and fun colours. They're slippy, so they don't cause cling. 

Thanks but that's not my problem - I just want coverage.