Time needed from Barcelona port to airport early morning

The cruise we booked in November is scheduled to end in Barcelona at 5:00 am.   I know passengers wont be able to disembark for awhile but is booking an 11:15 a.m. international flight just too close to be doable?   We'd be happy to 'walk off' with our luggage if possible and arrange private transport.  Has anyone had experience here?   Thanks so much! 

For couple of years ago we booked an european flight 9.15 am out of Barcelona. It was an early morning but we made it with time to spare. I think 11.15 is no problem of you disembark so early you can. 

• Like 1

I can't find Celebrity's recommendation, but Disney's is 11:30 for the earliest recommended flight. So if you're in the front of the line for self-debarkation you *should* be ok. Even better if you only have carry-on for the plane.

4 minutes ago, travellerin1984 said:

For couple of years ago we booked an european flight 9.15 am out of Barcelona. It was an early morning but we made it with time to spare. I think 11.15 is no problem of you disembark so early you can. 

Unless there is an unexpected delay in returning to port.  It happens and with more and more frequency these days.

I have flown from BCN twice.  The lines for baggage check and passport control are long.  I recommend you arrive at least three hours early. 

From Terminal 1 and 2B you can pay €4 (prebook) and have fast track security if it isn't included in your ticket.  That may aleviate some of your concerns about time and queues at the airport at least.  You can just google where to book... just make sure you do it on the Barcelona El Prat Airport website and nowhere else.

Really hard to say. The earliest you will be able to walk off is about 7:00 am. The traffic isn’t the best getting to the airport either. When we disembarked in Barcelona our flight was around 11:30, but we didn’t think we would make it, so we stayed there for a day. You might make it, but it could be stressful. If you don’t care then go for it. Have a great cruise!

The last time we flew out of Barcelona we could leave the ship at 7:am .  We got to the terminal and had to wait for Delta to open the ticket counter at 8:am.  There about 3 couples waiting

On 5/19/2024 at 2:38 PM, luvtravel said:

The cruise we booked in November is scheduled to end in Barcelona at 5:00 am.   I know passengers wont be able to disembark for awhile but is booking an 11:15 a.m. international flight just too close to be doable?   We'd be happy to 'walk off' with our luggage if possible and arrange private transport.  Has anyone had experience here?   Thanks so much! 

We had a 10:30AM flight on Singapore Airlines and we were two hours early and checked in!

I believe we left the ship at 7:30AM Lots of Taxis @ 45 Euros.

On 5/19/2024 at 8:08 PM, travellerin1984 said:

The OP is travelling International not European. Minimum check in time for International is usually/typically 3 hours.

We would never book a flight so early as delays can happen at every stage of the journey - late arrival at Port, delayed immigration at Port, traffic to airport etc. 

As far as checking in for your flight I think that would be fine but there can be long lines trying to get through security & immigration, we made it to the departure gate but it was tight

If you self disembark ASAP  there will be plenty of taxis

On May 5th of this year we walked off a Virgin Voyages cruise with our luggage at Barcelona cruise port about 8:15 am, quickly went through facial recognition, immediately got a taxi, and were at the airport in about 20 minutes.  We had to wait to check in for our 12:30 pm flight to Paris.  There was no significant wait to go through security.  Quick and easy.