NCL AQUA ..Broadway Show? Plus other entertainment questions!

Posted (edited)

Booked on Aqua, next May! Have they released what Broadway show will be onboard? And it looks like Syd Norman's Pour House and Cavern Club will be on board? Saw mention of the Bull's Eye a pub perhaps? Any other info appreciated! Thanks!!!!

Edited by etravel

Follow the build here (linked to the last page/comment, you can backtrack if you like) - 

I'm sure that information like what you seek will appear there as it becomes available.

I haven't seen anything about both Syd's and Cavern Club being on board.  Has that been released somewhere?  That would be a great way to split the crowds but I already can hear people complaining they had to miss the one of the Beatles show because it was at the same time as the Syd's show.  

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 5/20/2024 at 5:27 AM, etravel said:

And it looks like Syd Norman's Pour House and Cavern Club will be on board?

I don't think there's been any indication that they plan to do both (or either).I believe Prima and Viva have Syd Norman's and Improv.  The speculation I've seen on here has been that the Aqua deck plans show two new venue locations labeled "to come", maybe slightly larger, roughly where Syd's and Improv sit today, but separated on decks 6 and 7

Honestly, thinking back on the announcements they made about entertainment, I wouldn't be surprised if they introduce something completely new on Aqua.."Our entertainment changes will roll out first-at-sea productions and original programming on an ongoing basis"

I also wouldn't be shocked if they do something "off Broadway" that works with their new theater layout.  Duel Reality seems to have done pretty well on Virgin.  Betelgeuse surprised me, but my guess is that they're not going to try and license Hamilton, Book of Mormon, Harry Potter, Lion King, Wicked, etc...

Very quiet on news updates on Aqua.

Complete deck plans have not been published and it’s only 9 months to starting her service.

Why they have not opened the Vibe for purchasing is also odd. I am on the Viva in January and was able to purchase the Vibe at 300 days out….yet my Aqua cruise in May only 4 months later is not listed on their web site.

Oh so quiet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, andychris said:

Sailing on the aqua next year also.  Curious about the shows and vibe too 

We will be sailing on Aqua next year too.   We really enjoyed Prima so can't wait for more Aqua details to be released!

Edited by Sand and Seas

• 2 weeks later...

PROJECT DESCRIPTION

Casting "Revolution," an original production celebrating the music, legacy, and spirit of Prince through his diverse, chart-topping body of work starting from the 1970s through the present day. Synopsis: This theatrical tribute is set to debut on Norwegian Cruise Line’s newest ship, the Norwegian Aqua. Certain cast members will also participate in other entertainment onboard including another mainstage show, Elements, as well as an additional cabaret performance, live game show, and/or pop-up events.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, yakcruiser said:

So now Prince will be doing double duty and hosting game shows. How low will NCL go?

It really shows that NCL is done with big entertainment.  I would imagine Beetlejuice and Choir of Man will disappear soon too.  The only thing that surprises me is that usually with new ships they try and wow people and then a year or so later the big entertainment changes and downgrades.  For example, the Getaway had The Grammy experience and fireworks that disappeared one year after debut.  But right out of the cannon NCL has swung right back to cruise ship entertainment.  I don't cruise for entertainment but I do like and expect to be wowed on something I see on a ship.  Cruise lines frequently copy each other.  It is puzzling while the other major lines are still pumping out some really extreme and top notch entertainment.   These shows while nice are identical to Band on the Run and other various musical shows NCL has had on the Sky many years ago.  A group of singers play tribute to Motown or another musical act.  Definitely not a wow factor IMHO but it seems people want to sing Sweet Caroline and be entertained or watch someone win a TV and call that entertainment 😞

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 3