SHORTFALL NOTICE - While paying off cruise

I paid off our cruise today with two gift cards and the remaining $3.22 on a CC.  While I was entering them, I got two of these notices via email. (see below) However, they still showed on the invoices.  Once I completed entering the last gift card, I got an invoice showing it paid in full and the notice was no longer there.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Is that normal and do I need to be concerned,  

THE FINAL PAYMENT RECEIVED WAS INSUFFICIENT TO COVER THE PRINCESS VACATION PROTECTION/PLATINUM VACATION PROTECTION FEE. THE PRINCESS VACATION PROTECTION/PLATINUM VACATION PROTECTION HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE BOOKING.

40 minutes ago, cruisinsince75 said:

I paid off our cruise today with two gift cards and the remaining $3.22 on a CC.  While I was entering them, I got two of these notices via email. (see below) However, they still showed on the invoices.  Once I completed entering the last gift card, I got an invoice showing it paid in full and the notice was no longer there.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Is that normal and do I need to be concerned,  

THE FINAL PAYMENT RECEIVED WAS INSUFFICIENT TO COVER THE PRINCESS VACATION PROTECTION/PLATINUM VACATION PROTECTION FEE. THE PRINCESS VACATION PROTECTION/PLATINUM VACATION PROTECTION HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE BOOKING.

I would check your Travel Summary.  Everything you have booked and paid for is listed.  If your PVP is not showing, I would call Princess.

I *believe* the system is set up with some "trigger point" value where it assumes that any further payment will be the final payment. In your situation where you had $3.22 left it likely triggered an automatic message informing you of the "shortfall". It didn't know that you were coming right back in to cover it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lady Arwen said:

I would check your Travel Summary.  Everything you have booked and paid for is listed.  If your PVP is not showing, I would call Princess.

I actually is still on there, so not worried.  Just odd, but then again it is Princess! 🤪

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I *believe* the system is set up with some "trigger point" value where it assumes that any further payment will be the final payment. In your situation where you had $3.22 left it likely triggered an automatic message informing you of the "shortfall". It didn't know that you were coming right back in to cover it.

I figured as much since it was was the two $100 gift cards and separate CC balance, since you have to enter each individually instead of one full payment.

1 hour ago, cruisinsince75 said:

Yep. Same thing happened to us. Not sure why Princess can't get this right. Don't worry about it.

21 minutes ago, dog said:

Does your payment and travel summary now have $0 balance? If so you are ok.

if not call your TA.

Yes. $0 balance and travel insurance still in place on statement.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Yep. Same thing happened to us. Not sure why Princess can't get this right. Don't worry about it.

I can see why Princess sent out the notice.  It is probably generated automatically.  It registered the gift card payment and then notified you that there was still an outstanding balance.  Princess, is in fact, doing you a favor to let you know that you still had a balance.  Otherwise, you run the risk of the cruise being canceled for $3.22

Stores do this all the time when you use a gift card.  It deducts that payment and will show you that you still have a balance to pay.  The "cashier" is the verbal written notice.  They won't let you out of the store without paying what is still considered "due".

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I can see why Princess sent out the notice.  It is probably generated automatically.  It registered the gift card payment and then notified you that there was still an outstanding balance.  Princess, is in fact, doing you a favor to let you know that you still had a balance.  Otherwise, you run the risk of the cruise being canceled for $3.22

Stores do this all the time when you use a gift card.  It deducts that payment and will show you that you still have a balance to pay.  The "cashier" is the verbal written notice.  They won't let you out of the store without paying what is still considered "due".

I get it.  It was actually $3.22 on the credit card and immediately followed with two $100 gift card payments, but the same premise!

• Like 1

If you wait until the final day to pay and don't pay in full in one transaction the system can kick out these notices.I've gotten one before followed shortly after by one that said paid in full zero balance owed.

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I could understand that.

However, the one I got was AFTER I paid the balance in full. So, my outstanding balance was zero (and it appeared as zero on what they sent), yet I still got the notice......  🤷‍♀️

• Like 1