Horizon / (*Not) Live / Solo - May - 25 - June - 2024...

After a night filled with wild and crazy dreams I finally got myself out of bed. I am now finally drinking a black coffee and waiting to see if security actually shows up. The lady in front of me ordered a dozen specialty coffees which took forever and all I needed was a simple black coffee. I said to the lady behind the counter, "Can you just make mine first?" She yelled at me to wait my turn since this lady was first. At that point I nearly flipped over one of the barstools and she threatened to call security. Pretty sure I just got banned "again". I was willing to make it myself! and WTH, 12 specialty coffees?! How is she going to carry them? Anyhoo, I'm certainly off to a rough start this morning. I'm REAL mean until I've had my coffee...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 27

39 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

After a night filled with wild and crazy dreams I finally got myself out of bed. I am now finally drinking a black coffee and waiting to see if security actually shows up. The lady in front of me ordered a dozen specialty coffees which took forever and all I needed was a simple black coffee. I said to the lady behind the counter, "Can you just make mine first?" She yelled at me to wait my turn since this lady was first. At that point I nearly flipped over one of the barstools and she threatened to call security. Pretty sure I just got banned "again". I was willing to make it myself! and WTH, 12 specialty coffees?! How is she going to carry them? Anyhoo, I'm certainly off to a rough start this morning. I'm REAL mean until I've had my coffee...

courtdate.png.d24351c8b0909ec1ec66b34736f444bc.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 25

Posted (edited)

At the office and my co-worker Dexter is constantly licking his balls.  And to top it off he poops in a box and expects me to clean it up.  Then he hides and pretends to be busy while I kill myself working.IMG_3792.thumb.jpeg.2cf8720f2292bcc7d96a7460131230a5.jpeg

IMG_8847.thumb.jpeg.aa35a4096c616a576926481d127c4277.jpeg

Edited by figmentfreak
  • Like 2
  • Haha 29

The manager of guest services is calling the Captain because of my "unusual" activity. It turns out since I didn't buy an internet package they thought something was wrong. Combined with my Snoozin' sign never leaving my cabin door, I was flagged for a Captain's interview. Off I go......had to leave my drink at Alchemy too. Ughhhh. 

sid.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 38

23 minutes ago, coondog99 said:

The manager of guest services is calling the Captain because of my "unusual" activity. It turns out since I didn't buy an internet package they thought something was wrong. Combined with my Snoozin' sign never leaving my cabin door, I was flagged for a Captain's interview. Off I go......had to leave my drink at Alchemy too. Ughhhh. 

sid.jpeg

Then I found out the big boss (Captain) wasn't coming in today but he did want me to take the boat to get washed!  Why he thinks it's good for a billion dollar vessel to go thru the machine wash, I don't know.  Anywho, just a couple more hours once I get back.

• Like 3
  • Haha 30

What a day I had  yesterday in Bonaire. Found a nice beach bar & was sitting there enjoying a couple of spicy margaritas. All of a sudden some woman runs in screaming that she was stung by a jellyfish! So Sid to the rescue- I peed on her foot. Pain gone immediately. She bought my next drink. But she got in my nerves because she touched my Target beach bag. 😳

• Like 2
  • Haha 28

I just can't shake one of those dreams from last night.  I am hanging in my interior cabin, and all of the sudden the door bursts open and there are so many people crowding into my cabin.  There's TxTeach, Megan, Intrepid, Bluebird, and all of the usual Carnival live posters yelling at me.  How could I take a cruise, not get the internet package, and deprive 200 followers of my live trip report?  I was sweating like a beast, and really had no answers until Jamman (a/k/a Jumbo Jeff) showed up, made everyone leave, and assured me I was doing the right thing.  I can just  post the trip report after the trip, like a normal person.  Thank you, Jeff.  Unfortunately, all this meant that I was showering at 4:00 in the morning, and there was no place to find coffee, so I laid in bed, eyes shut, but no real sleep after that nightmare. Finally got up and headed out to find my caffeine.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 25

1 minute ago, PrincessPatti said:

For today’s food p0rn — mofungo, one of the dishes the DR is famous for.  

IMG_4194.jpeg

Yum. 

Looking forward to trying the iguana soup later. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

This "review" needs to be printed in book form for memories sake...it is just amazing!

No disrespect intended here but this old series of books could use a modern day addition. I would think the BOOK OF SID could be a best seller at least amongst the CC community. 😉

Screenshot2024-05-30144056.thumb.png.d75fc73ef1cdb75ff46022db5de6dbaf.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, PrincessPatti said:

For today’s food p0rn — mofungo, one of the dishes the DR is famous for.  

IMG_4194.jpeg

Probably amazing. It's just the name that I get hung up on; sounds like dirty rapper lyrics. (I'm old.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

Probably amazing. It's just the name that I get hung up on; sounds like dirty rapper lyrics. (I'm old.)

It could be the name of a funk band!

• Like 1

Hey Sid👋  In case you have WIFI in ports and check in I hope you are enjoying your time for yourself. It's strange not seeing a real Sid review here and even stranger seeing just how many Sid wannabes there are lol.

• Like 8

@sid_9169 whenever you go through this poor man’s attempt at managing a Sid thread in Sid’s absence, please know our foolishness is intended to show you how much we admire you and missed you this week during your not-live.

• Like 39
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

@sid_9169 whenever you go through this poor man’s attempt at managing a Sid thread in Sid’s absence, please know our foolishness is intended to show you how much we admire you and missed you this week during your not-live.

Absolutely! Well said😎

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

When I saw a new Sid review posted I was excited to start reading it. Always find them so entertaining and the photos are magnificent. Then, when he said he wasn't doing a live review I felt letdown. This review has been so great!

Someone needs to start the "list" of all those that are following/participated. LOL

• Like 13