Koningsdam Neptune Cabin - which is better?

Well after reading the discussion on the forum about the K'Dam, I'm a bit skeptical right now to book.  My last K'Dam cruise was very nice, but that was before the push for the 3/4 persons.  We've never been in a Neptune Suite mostly because we are value cruisers so I don't know what we are missing.  

Saying that, I'd like your opinions, both pros and cons on the following Neptune stateroom choices:  SC11005, SB4184, SB5217, SB5196, SB6229.  I've already looked at halfacts.  Also, are there benefits beyond the Neptune Lounge?  For example, can you eat in the Club Orange dining room without having Club Orange, etc.  Thanks for your feedback.  

Not sure what you mean by the push for 3/4 persons.  

Neptune suites are very nice.  I would not choose one on deck 11.   I believe those are very forward.  None of the rest you listed  are on deck 7 - the ‘Neptune’ deck so I think they must be aft cabins which we love.   You will not be close to the lounge in any of those.   The lounge offers snacks throughout the day and concierge services with no need to ever go to guest services  and they will make dining reservations etc for you.   

A Neptune suite includes Club Orange where you can have breakfast and dinner.  It is a smaller dining venue close to the MDR and has the same menu as the MDR with one additional entree offered.  

6 minutes ago, Gigi1977 said:

I would not choose one on deck 11

Is that due to motion?  Also, yes, the other specific staterooms are AFT cabins.  Don't care about the walk to the Neptune Lounge so being on 7 isn't an issue.  

Motion might be one issue for those sensitive- we are not but I’ve ’heard’ that those balconies catch more wind, are smaller and not really useable when sailing.  This is hearsay as we have not sailed in one of those.   I would not choose it.  

• Thanks 1

I think what it comes down to whether I want the larger room, the CO benefit and the Neptune Lounge benefit, plus perhaps the CO party or champagne.  However, I have NEVER used Club Orange and I think dining in CO would be nice for BF and dinner vs MDR.  I mean, I just want to try a Neptune Suite once, but I know myself and I don't really care about that bigger deck.  Last year, I was on a lower class ship in a SS, and that seems to look almost like the Neptune Suite on the Pinnacle ships.  That Club Orange dining room does look nice on the Pinnacle class ships.  Hmmm.

I enthusiastically second the comment about aft-facing Neptunes. They are our very favorites! 

Another Neptune benefit that hasn't been mentioned is the free laundry and dry cleaning. Although it's not promised, our experience has been that things picked up by our steward when he/she does the morning cabin service will be back that same evening. Not a huge thing, but very nice.

• Like 4

We were on the aft equivalent to 4184 on Rotterdam and LOVED IT!  The balcony is HUGE and the cabin was very nice.  We didn’t mind the walk to the Neptune Lounge.  I would pick that cabin.  The motion wasn’t and issue for us and the views were fabulous.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AKJonesy said:

Well after reading the discussion on the forum about the K'Dam, I'm a bit skeptical right now to book.  My last K'Dam cruise was very nice, but that was before the push for the 3/4 persons.  We've never been in a Neptune Suite mostly because we are value cruisers so I don't know what we are missing.  

Saying that, I'd like your opinions, both pros and cons on the following Neptune stateroom choices:  SC11005, SB4184, SB5217, SB5196, SB6229.  I've already looked at halfacts.  Also, are there benefits beyond the Neptune Lounge?  For example, can you eat in the Club Orange dining room without having Club Orange, etc.  Thanks for your feedback.  

Of those, I would take 4184 in a heartbeat. The other SBs are also aft wraps, but not as desirable, have been in all. Avoid 11005 like the plague.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Of those, I would take 4184 in a heartbeat. The other SBs are also aft wraps, but not as desirable, have been in all. Avoid 11005 like the plague.

"Avoid 11005 like the plague"...reason?

We have stayed in the front SC Neptunes.  Yes, motion, wind, and very small balcony.  But the room is larger than the SA's.  And the odd shape and layout is very nice.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gigi1977 said:

Not sure what you mean by the push for 3/4 persons.  

After a corporate meeting (all-PCC meeting) in about January, PCCs have been warning clients who want to book a triple or quad room for just one or two people, that HAL can and will 'bump' them if a "family" wants the room. And that the choice of standard (two-person) cabins may not be too good at that time... effectively steering a couple to book a double cabin leaving the larger capacity rooms open for groups.

It is not yet clear what difference that will make on comfort-level or passenger-density on ships.

We sailed in SA7087 last year on the Koningsdam and we loved the extra large balcony.  We also enjoyed being on the 7th deck as it was easy to the Lido deck, quick access to NL and easy to walk down to CO Dining Room.  We try and avoid the elevators as much as we can when we cruise.  We didn't hear any noise from the elevators close by.

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 6.42.30 PM.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

@cbr663, did I miss something? Was the OP asking about those cabins? They are definitely great cabins...but apparently not available to the OP?

The SB and SC cabins are less expensive that SA.  As mentioned in my OP, we are basically value cruisers, but want to at least dip the toe into Neptune and see how the others live...LOL.  Since we are 4 star we have some benefits already but never tried Club Orange.  So, I am either booking a Neptune on KDam to get the CO benefits or, I am going to stick with my standard Verandah cabin and purchase CO.  I've been on KDam before and like the restaurants and thought it would be nice to eat in the CO Dining room instead of in MDR and Lido.  My concern is that...like flat bed first class, once you try it, you usually don't go back!  😆

• Like 1

Also, regardless of which way we go, do we have to be onboard to make a CO reservation time, or can that be booked in advance like the other restaurants?  Is the CO for breakfast just a walk in, or does breakfast require a reservation as well?  Thanks for all the great responses.  

57 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

My concern is that...like flat bed first class, once you try it, you usually don't go back!  😆

That is a serious concern!!

Reservations are not required for CO, last I heard.

• Thanks 1

We just spent 72 days on Koningsdam between December and March.  Half was in a Signature Suite (we purchased Club O specifically so we could avoid the MDR), and half was in a Neptune (Club O restaurant automatically included).  Club Orange does not accept reservations for breakfast or dinner.  The ship seemed crowded everywhere we went and felt oversold.  This included the Club O restaurant where we experienced waits, sometimes up to 30 minutes, and especially at peak dining times, so be prepared.

PS - and since someone mentioned it, we were in 7087 and loved it for the location AND that insanely large veranda  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well thanks everyone and I just booked Neptune Suite 4184 off the back of the ship.  Thanks also for the CO info for breakfast and dinner.  Good to know before getting on board.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AKJonesy said:

Well thanks everyone and I just booked Neptune Suite 4184 off the back of the ship.  Thanks also for the CO info for breakfast and dinner.  Good to know before getting on board.  

You will love it.  I will say it is like eating a potato chip - very addicting.  And yes it’s like flying biz class hard to go back.  

• Like 2