Labadee Status - Celebrity has cancelled all port calls until at least April 2025. Any emails from RC this far out?

We are on Explorer 20th March 25 and have a scheduled stop in Labadee. 

like others, not heard anything yet but I would be surprised if it wasn’t changed. 

Id love coco cay, but checking the cruise mapper, it’s already full that day so that’s unlikely. 

prefer it not to be Jamaica. Turks or Nassau would be Ok. 

On 6/29/2024 at 12:25 AM, UKWLDCruise said:

travelling in October and we are still going to Haiti apparently.

Ours is November date (Celebrity). Labadee replaced with Grand Turk. No official email notification, but Labadee removed from excursions on CP and replaced with GT, with excursions available to book.

Our Dec cruise on Royal still shows Labadee but I think it will be replaced. I don't know with what, because that one is already going to Jamaica.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2024 at 12:25 AM, UKWLDCruise said:

travelling in October and we are still going to Haiti apparently.

Looking at a cruise on the Freedom for October.  Itinerary says Labadee.  We are already going to Cocoa Cay, Falmouth, Jamaica, and Grand Cayman.  Any ideas where we might end up?

Also, never been to Falmouth that I recall.  Is this a 'stay on the ship' stop?

25 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Looking at a cruise on the Freedom for October.  Itinerary says Labadee.  We are already going to Cocoa Cay, Falmouth, Jamaica, and Grand Cayman.  Any ideas where we might end up?

Sea day most likely.

Falmouth is not a stay on the ship day IMHO. You have a pool area in the port with Margaritaville. However if you want to go out and about beyond the port either have a ship excursion planned or a private tour....Jamaica is not a place to wonder around on your own.

47 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

We are on Freedom on October 20 with that itinerary. No changes from Labadee yet. Luckily there is Coco Cay which I have never been to. 

We have not been to Coco Cay, either.  Have been to Labadee numerous times.  Also been to Jamaica many times, just not Falmouth. I will have to look it up. Knowing Jamaica's reputation, I think we would be more comfortable sticking around near the port.  So a sea day in place of Labadee?  That would make 3 sea days.  I assume we would be getting the port taxes back.  Hopefully the port would be cancelled before the cruise and a price reduction given versus OBC.

55 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Hopefully the port would be cancelled before the cruise and a price reduction given versus OBC.

Even if you received OBC it will be refundable. So if you don't use it then it will be refunded to your credit card at the end of the cruise.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bajathree said:

Sea day most likely.

Falmouth is not a stay on the ship day IMHO. You have a pool area in the port with Margaritaville. However if you want to go out and about beyond the port either have a ship excursion planned or a private tour....Jamaica is not a place to wonder around on your own.

• Thanks 4

14 hours ago, bajathree said:

Sea day most likely.

We have been to Falmouth several times and have done private tours - and we have also ventured through the gates into the town on our own.  Without incident.  We felt perfectly safe.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2024 at 2:46 PM, Sonic2012 said:

Does anyone know what they are substituting for Labadee on 5 night cruises with Dominican Republic? Cruise is end of March 2025. I have received no emails about changes. They are still selling the same itinerary. I wish they would give the option to cancel since they know they aren’t going to Labidee in advance.

You would cancel a cruise just because it isn't going to Labadee?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

You would cancel a cruise just because it isn't going to Labadee?

Possibly, depending on the replacement port. It’s not worth the logistics of flying in for a 5 day cruise if I only like one of the ports.