Labadee Status - Celebrity has cancelled all port calls until at least April 2025. Any emails from RC this far out?

14 hours ago, bajathree said:

I have taken many excursions in Jamaica while docked in Falmouth....some of them that have taken us through the area right outside the port area in downtown Falmouth.

Huh???!!!  Wasn't this your post #67?   🤔

There is absolutely nothing in Falmouth that would ever make me want to venture outside the gates for.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Huh???!!!  Wasn't this your post #67?   🤔

There is absolutely nothing in Falmouth that would ever make me want to venture outside the gates for.

Many great things to do in Jamaica, but agree we have no interest in wandering the town of Falmouth.  Of course some people would say the same for Ocho Rios and MoBay and we have many fond memories of port stops there.  Our first Caribbean vacation was a week in Ocho Rios mid-90's, it was a fantastic vacation. 🙂

• Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 11:20 AM, bouhunter said:

You would cancel a cruise just because it isn't going to Labadee?

I would. Unpopular opinion, but we choose our cruises based on itinerary. We are on the Adventure sailing for March 1 that has Labadee, Cocoa Cay and Falmouth. We booked it for the 2 private islands. I wouldn't fault Royal at all for cancelling Labadee, but if we get a sea day or an undesirable port, we will cancel. I booked with a refundable deposit, so I hope they let us know by Dec 1. We normally end up cruising Carnival, so I haven't been to Cocoa Cay since 2013 before they revamped it. Hoping we get Grand Turk or Grand Cayman. 🤞

• Like 1

Our daughters and granddaughters first cruise ever will be on our 4 day on Indy on Dec 4.  We are hoping that Labadee is sorted by then and we get to go.  We have been once and really enjoyed it.  Cococay is not an option for our scheduled day as there are 2 ships in port already.  If we do port in Jamaica we likely WILL NOT get off the ship, especially if it is Ocho Rios.  We ported there on Grandeur last year and there is no way in h__l we'd set foot there with our daughter or granddaughter.  Just an awful experience.  That said we don't blame RCCL one single bit for these potential changes, it happens.  It would be nice to have some sort of decision made relatively soon though.