Disembark in Rotterdam, fly from Amsterdam

ckfred

I have read that getting from "landside" to "airside" at Amsterdam-Schiphol can take quite some time.  

Have things improved at Schiphol?  Or should I consider taking the Eurostar from Rotterdam to London?

2 hours ago, ckfred said:

I have read that getting from "landside" to "airside" at Amsterdam-Schiphol can take quite some time.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2992443-i-heard-ams-airport-is-a-mess-everyday

Honestly, where/what do people "read" or "hear" such things, and why do they so readily think there's something in them?

2 hours ago, ckfred said:

Or should I consider taking the Eurostar from Rotterdam to London?

Depending on when you're travelling, you may not even be able to do this (at least without changing trains in Brussels) even if you want to.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2024 at 2:42 PM, ckfred said:

Have things improved at Schiphol?  Or should I consider taking the Eurostar from Rotterdam to London?

I was there last year and while it wasn't particularly crowded, AMS is just a HUGE airport and it seems to take forever to get through.

On 5/26/2024 at 1:42 PM, ckfred said:

Most recently cleared immigration at AMS about two weeks ago, no problem. Wouldn't worry about it. That being said, I have flown RTM-LCY on BA several times and it's a nice, easy flight. Eurostar is great too, but do consider the flight as RTM is such an easy airport.