British Isles Explorer Excursions

SMAP

I am on a BIE in 2025 from Tilbury to Bergen (Excursions are not posted yet). Someone was very helpful and posted a list of ALL the excursions for this trip in 2023. However, it originated in Greenwich. My question.... Does Viking offer the same excursions out of Tilbury as when using Greenwich?

THX

23 hours ago, SMAP said:

I am on a BIE in 2025 from Tilbury to Bergen (Excursions are not posted yet). Someone was very helpful and posted a list of ALL the excursions for this trip in 2023. However, it originated in Greenwich. My question.... Does Viking offer the same excursions out of Tilbury as when using Greenwich?

THX

Are you on the March date?  If so, we’re on that same cruise, but if not, then I can post our excursion lists once they show up.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, lovetosew said:

I just told my TA I was interested in the same but leaving Bergen to London September 18 2025. Hard to think that staterooms are already going quickly.

We think Bergen to London is the ideal itinerary.  We were in Bergen for several days 2 years ago and it was nice.

We have booked the Bergen to London itinerary and we are going to fly to Stockholm and spend many days there before we fly to Bergen to board Viking Sky.  On this itinerary, an overnight in Bergen is just right.  

55 minutes ago, lovetosew said:

I just told my TA I was interested in the same but leaving Bergen to London September 18 2025. Hard to think that staterooms are already going quickly.

We booked that cruise!
Absolutely love Bergen, and happy to fly home from London.

Nice mix of port calls also.

• Like 1

We're doing 43 days London - Bergen followed by Bergen - NY next May/June.  Love being able to fly non-stop into London with only a car ride home from pier in NY.  Have no idea what clothes to pack for this one.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

We're doing 43 days London - Bergen followed by Bergen - NY next May/June.  Love being able to fly non-stop into London with only a car ride home from pier in NY.  Have no idea what clothes to pack for this one.

Layers! I have been in that region in May/June; sometimes wearing a hat and mittens, sometimes a t-shirt and Bermuda shorts. More recently, the latter. But, you can never predict…layers solves the problem.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2024 at 3:04 PM, SMAP said:

THX

Not sure; for our excursion, which just ended 4 days ago, we were supposed to depart from Greenwich, but the ship was docked in Tilbury instead, because of high winds.

There were 3 excursions scheduled; one was for the Tower of London, another was a walk-about in Greenwich, and the 3rd was a boat cruise on the Thames.

I would doubt that the Greenwich walking tour will be offered from Tilbury; in our cruise's case, it was already scheduled, so they did the excursion (we passed on it) as planned.

Nothing to see in Tilbury; my advice would be to arrive the day before, spend it either in London or perhaps seeing Greenwich if you want, and then go to the ship the next morning. Keep in mind though, the Tilbury dock is about 45 minutes or an hour from central London; we took an Uber from our hotel.