Barcelona or bust - Live from Carnival Legend - May 30-June 7

Weather is beautiful in Barcelona. We arrived Monday, looking forward to the Carnival experience. This will be cruise #50 for me but only the third time on Carnival. Last Carnival cruise was on the Miracle in 2008.

Safe travels!

• Thanks 1

Sure hope you made it.  Last summer American left me stranded in 2 different airports in the same week.  It was a miserable.  I will not fly with them again....EVER

• Thanks 1

Safe travels.  Looking forward to your review.  AA has been not so good to us on our last few flights NY-MIA or MIA to NY.  Besides a 3 hour delay last trip they kept changing the gate on us.  We all looked like a scene from a movie (think it was Airplane) where the passengers kept running to different gates as we all kept getting text notifications about the gate changes- 3 of them.  And if you know MIA that airport it is huge. We ended up boarding at the original gate we were scheduled from - lol. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We made it a little while ago. Got to the hotel, liquor store, etc. Now trying to get one of the A/C units fixed. It is no bueno, but the other works great. But it isn't the one in the bedroom.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, pe4all said:

Safe travels.  Looking forward to your review.  AA has been not so good to us on our last few flights NY-MIA or MIA to NY.  Besides a 3 hour delay last trip they kept changing the gate on us.  We all looked like a scene from a movie (think it was Airplane) where the passengers kept running to different gates as we all kept getting text notifications about the gate changes- 3 of them.  And if you know MIA that airport it is huge. We ended up boarding at the original gate we were scheduled from - lol. 

We will change planes in MIA on the return. 

Yesterday was all weather related. Our scheduled plane was coming from Rome and arrived a little late, but then there was no gate for them. Those passengers sat on the plane for about 3 hours until they could get to a gate. I dunno 

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’m really glad we are flying nonstop from DFW in August. Air travel has been ridiculous lately. 

All things considered, I think I might have preferred the British Air A380 to Heathrow and then to BCN. At least BA took off with only a slight delay.

Originally I had booked Premium Economy one them before our plans changed. We would have been on the upper deck.

PXL_20240529_011022475.thumb.jpg.905189ececac59738c536060ab5a26cb.jpg

• Like 10

52 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

All things considered, I think I might have preferred the British Air A380 to Heathrow and then to BCN. At least BA took off with only a slight delay.

Originally I had booked Premium Economy one them before our plans changed. We would have been on the upper deck.

PXL_20240529_011022475.thumb.jpg.905189ececac59738c536060ab5a26cb.jpg

We were on the upper deck coming back from Athens last year. I always wonder what THEY are doing down there. 

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)

Some seem to want toilet pictures. I'm not so sure, but at the restaurant/bar. Oops, looks sideways... Oops, no it doesn't.

PXL_20240529_170931723_MP.thumb.jpg.9ec39cefa14aab4a9584a5652d1fcc33.jpg

Edited by BlerkOne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

We made it a little while ago. Got to the hotel, liquor store, etc. Now trying to get one of the A/C units fixed. It is no bueno, but the other works great. But it isn't the one in the bedroom.

Looking forward to your review.  We have never sailed an overseas cruise, but will be doing our first next September.  So I was wondering, you mention hitting up the liquor store.  Are you able to carry that on or is that for pre-cruise fun 🙂 

• Like 1

You are able to carry it on in Europe at Embarkation and from ports of call.  Looking forward to my trip at end of July on the Legend. Looking forward to updates on the dry dock.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Michelle236 said:

Looking forward to your review.  We have never sailed an overseas cruise, but will be doing our first next September.  So I was wondering, you mention hitting up the liquor store.  Are you able to carry that on or is that for pre-cruise fun 🙂 

We've been on a number of cruises in Europe and have been able to carry liquor and wine, etc. On every single one.

Carnival's ticket contract doesn't change, but enforcement does. We were on the Carnival Glory Transatlantic last month and literally had to walk through the liquor store in the terminal to board the ship. This was after you cleared security. I am expecting the same today. If we don't walk through it we will walk by it. Carnival could always change their mind.

They may run out of more popular items, so we shop before going to the terminal. You can also shop in every port.

• Like 6

If you are sent out to fetch supper like I was, don't expect them to have plastic utensils you take with you. Many parts of the world are far ahead of the US in trying to reduce plastic use. Even the water bottles have attached tops.

I asked at the hotel to borrow some utensils

• Like 6