Breakfast options

madmedic

First VV cruise on Scarlet Lady in July. Where would my hubby go for a cooked breakfast including fried eggs and bacon? I prefer a fresh cooked omelette 😋.

9 minutes ago, madmedic said:

First VV cruise on Scarlet Lady in July. Where would my hubby go for a cooked breakfast including fried eggs and bacon? I prefer a fresh cooked omelette 😋.

Diner & Dash counter (or order from your table) at The Galley food court. See the menu here https://vvinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/the-galley-breakfast-follow-vvinsider.pdf

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I thought I saw a picture somewhere of eggs Benedict.  Where would I find that?  EM

Those are in The Wake.  Although it is possible there may be a special in The Galley.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

I thought I saw a picture somewhere of eggs Benedict.  Where would I find that?  EM

It's not quite eggs Benedict, but The Galley had eggs Florentine every morning (I think they were at Noodle Around).  They were my go to breakfast a few mornings.  I seem to remember they also had some eggs Benedict variant as well at least some mornings.

3 hours ago, madmedic said:

The Galley has fresh made to order omelets.  Served with bacon, sausage, etc.  Razzle Dazzle has eggs and bacon, but not omelets. The Wake had Benedict in several varieties.  The Galley may have some alsol

• Like 1

As others mentioned, Diner and Dash in the Galley has made to order eggs and breakfast meats 24 hours/day. The taco counter in the Galley usually has 1 or 2 daily rotating benedict specials during breakfast hours. 

Razzle Dazzle has a few different egg dishes on the menu and can prepare eggs any style you want.  As a word of warning, avoid the frittata; I thought it was pretty bad when I had it and after my sailing I got drinks with a friend who had sailed a few weeks prior and she, unprompted, mentioned the frittata at Razzle Dazzle was the worst thing she ate. 

It is recommended that you have dinner reservations for the restaurants other than the Galley.  But is this also true of breakfast?  Which restaurants serve breakfast?  EM

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

It is recommended that you have dinner reservations for the restaurants other than the Galley.  But is this also true of breakfast?  Which restaurants serve breakfast?  EM

The Wake serves brunch from 8am to 1pm and Razzle Dazzle has a breakfast/brunch menu, also 8am to 1pm. Both can be reserved but walk up may be possible, especially at Razzle.

I'm normally a "MDR breakfast" person on other cruiselines. I had no issues with eating in the Galley for breakfast. Just sat at a table, put the flag up, placed my order, went to get my coffee, and my food just showed up. I should also point out I'm not a heavy breakfast eater.

• Like 3

The maple-glazed bacon in Razzle Dazzle is very, very dangerous!!! I also love their avocado toast and the buckwheat French toast.  I go to the taco place in the galley for muffin, egg, and hollandaise sauce and then down to the end for bacon or ham to go with it.  The fruit bento boxes are good, and there’s a great assortment of yogurts, muesli, parfaits, chia seed, and other healthy options.

• Like 1

Often my go to for breakfast is cottage cheese and fruit.  Sometimes eggs with bacon or sausage.  Usually a trial of eggs Benedict once a cruise, depending on how well they are done.  On a ‘bad’ day, is there any place with sticky buns?  EM

40 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Often my go to for breakfast is cottage cheese and fruit.  Sometimes eggs with bacon or sausage.  Usually a trial of eggs Benedict once a cruise, depending on how well they are done.  On a ‘bad’ day, is there any place with sticky buns?  EM

The Galley has a pastries counter with rotating breakfast pastries as does the Grounds Club on 7. I can't recall specifically if there were any sticky buns any day, but I'd say there's a pretty decent chance. 

Thanks, I’m sure I’ll be able to find plenty of opportunities for what I consider Original Sin.  (At least for those of us who are diabetic…).

6 hours ago, wolfie11 said:

The maple-glazed bacon in Razzle Dazzle is very, very dangerous!!! 

I've had the bacon be great, but sometimes it is very peppery.  I asked on the last cruise whether it could be made without the pepper--no problem.

There are pastries in The Galley and The Grounds Club (7th floor). The ones in Grounds Club as especially good...but they do rotate so you may not see your favorite every day.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Galley 

Pastries

English breakfast. Sausages, bacon, egg, tomatoes, mushrooms, toast 

3 different types of parfaits/ yogurts.

Croissants, danishes, fruit. 

Tons of choice.

8 hours ago, steve thfc said:

Galley 

Pastries

English breakfast. Sausages, bacon, egg, tomatoes, mushrooms, toast 

3 different types of parfaits/ yogurts.

Croissants, danishes, fruit. 

Tons of choice.

I think the galley is going to be our best choice. Except for the occasional room service. What is that like for those who are not in suites? 

The list above is just a start.  There a may types of bagels with your choice of toppings, various hot and cold cereals,  (the place that has salads during the day has nice breakfast choices as does the dessert daytime place!) Walk around and hav e a look on the first or second day.

7 hours ago, madmedic said:

I think the galley is going to be our best choice. Except for the occasional room service. What is that like for those who are not in suites? 

Room service has been pretty much the same for us in suites and standard cabins. The only difference is rockstars never get a delivery fee. But for others, if you add a $5 coffee (like Americano or latte) that waives the delivery charge, you can then add as much free drip coffee as you want.

Although the room service breakfast is fine, not amazing. The food isn’t bad. It’s just not a very extensive menu.

1 hour ago, jon81uk said:

Room service has been pretty much the same for us in suites and standard cabins. The only difference is rockstars never get a delivery fee. But for others, if you add a $5 coffee (like Americano or latte) that waives the delivery charge, you can then add as much free drip coffee as you want.

Although the room service breakfast is fine, not amazing. The food isn’t bad. It’s just not a very extensive menu.

Thanks Jon. Where can I find the room service menu? Would like to see it before we go.

15 minutes ago, madmedic said:

Thanks Jon. Where can I find the room service menu? Would like to see it before we go.

VV Insider has most of the menus

https://vvinsider.com/restaurant-menus/

here is the Ship Eats room service one. The drink prices are out of date on this one I think though, expect everything to be $1 more.

https://vvinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/Ship-Eats-Menu.pdf

2 hours ago, jon81uk said:

VV Insider has most of the menus

https://vvinsider.com/restaurant-menus/

here is the Ship Eats room service one. The drink prices are out of date on this one I think though, expect everything to be $1 more.

https://vvinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/Ship-Eats-Menu.pdf

More than enough there for us and with a couple of fresh juices we won't need to pay the $7 delivery. 

21 minutes ago, madmedic said:

More than enough there for us and with a couple of fresh juices we won't need to pay the $7 delivery. 

I think we had it delivered two or three days on one cruise and just found the main three hot choices got repetitive (eggs, French toast or frittata) and I wanted pancakes so opted to walk up the the Galley instead! Would be nice to have breakfast sandwich, burrito or similar on the room service menu too.

5 hours ago, madmedic said:

Is the delivery charge $7 per person or $7 per order? How exactly does this work? Never tried it.