Where are the elevators on the World Europa?

KyleClark

I will be on deck 9 at the very back of the ship.  I only see two elevator banks, one in the middle and one forward.  Are there any elevators at the back of the ship?  Thx...

Thanks for your response, I don't see anything labeled "lift" at the AFT of the ship.  I do see a set of stairs near the back and a cut out that looks like service elevators for the staff?

25 minutes ago, Mezqal said:

I've been aboard, so here we go.... took the pic from

@Essiesmom thx

IMG_20240601_022227.jpg.588ad3fa6d1833bcefee25b799eeef87.jpg

Thanks for your response..  I've been told those are staff elevators and stairways.  Have you been on the Europa?  Thx...

8 hours ago, Mezqal said:

I've been aboard, so here we go.... took the pic from

@Essiesmom thx

IMG_20240601_022227.jpg.588ad3fa6d1833bcefee25b799eeef87.jpg

Yes there are the elevators in the back of the world europa. But they are only from the World Promenade to the buffet I think, not to the sun deck? My cabin was  also in this section and I always used the bigger Lift section and the Panoramic lift.

On the image you see the elevators near the orange-pink lights.

IMG_4838.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nikita4 said:

Yes there are the elevators in the back of the world europa. But they are only from the World Promenade to the buffet I think, not to the sun deck? My cabin was  also in this section and I always used the bigger Lift section and the Panoramic lift.

On the image you see the elevators near the orange-pink lights.

IMG_4838.jpeg

How was the walk to the panoramic Elevators?  

My cabin was in the middle between the elevators and the panoramic/big elevators. So no long walk trough the straight hallway.
But the ship is really big and there are long walks from the aft to the front of the ship. And the elevator area and the elevators are sometimes really crowded especially in the morning on port days in the med. I prefer smaller ships with a better layout and less pax, but the World Europa is the only ship in the med in wintertime, that sails from Genova on a Sunday, I hope for 2026 that there will be an other ship in the med.

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2024 at 6:09 AM, Nikita4 said:

My cabin was in the middle between the elevators and the panoramic/big elevators. So no long walk trough the straight hallway.
But the ship is really big and there are long walks from the aft to the front of the ship. And the elevator area and the elevators are sometimes really crowded especially in the morning on port days in the med. I prefer smaller ships with a better layout and less pax, but the World Europa is the only ship in the med in wintertime, that sails from Genova on a Sunday, I hope for 2026 that there will be an other ship in the med.

Thanks for your answers.  We’re staying in an aft cabin on deck 10 in mid-November.  We’re hoping for mild to warm ish weather .  What deck did they typically disembark on port days?  

On 6/1/2024 at 6:09 AM, Nikita4 said:

Do they have the smart elevators?

We stayed in one of the aft-most cabins on the 11th deck of World Europa on the last NYE cruise.  Because there are no elevators near our cabin, it was the longest walk that I can recall on a cruise ship, ever.  I don't recommend these cabins for anyone with mobility issues, or who won't be ok with a really long walk.

This was our cabin, for anyone interested.  It was an Aurea Grand Suite and we liked the cabin, but we didn't care for the walk at all.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

We stayed in one of the aft-most cabins on the 11th deck of World Europa on the last NYE cruise.  Because there are no elevators near our cabin, it was the longest walk that I can recall on a cruise ship, ever.  I don't recommend these cabins for anyone with mobility issues, or who won't be ok with a really long walk.

This was our cabin, for anyone interested.  It was an Aurea Grand Suite and we liked the cabin, but we didn't care for the walk at all.

Wow…so you’re saying that the lifts circled in Post #5 are not used by aft passengers, and the closest lifts to the cabin you had was mid-ship?

Edited by laudergayle

With the lifts from my post you can't go to lower decks than the Promenade on deck 8.  So for port days you have to go to the bigger lift area.

Yes they are smart elevators on the WE.

For my the WE don't have a good layout. The ship is to big and there is not enough space for everyone, especially when the ship is fully booked. 
I was on the WE Cruises, one of the first in December 2022, in the V.A.E and the ship was fully booked, it was one of the worst cruises we ever are, also in the YC the service was not good and all was too crowded.
In this February I was solo in the med in a fantastica balcony cabin, and it was ok, the ship wasn't full and I was often in specialty restaurants and in all ports off the ship for a long time, so it was ok, but not more. Next year I will do the same cruise in the same week of the year, but not for the ship, really for the ports.

I hope they will change on the World America the layout of some public spaces.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Wow…so you’re saying that the lifts circled in Post #5 are not used by aft passengers, and the closest lifts to the cabin you had was mid-ship?

That’s exactly what I am saying. That elevator does not stop at most floors, it takes you to the top where the Venom slide is and back down to the main deck. So I think there are two stops, maybe three, which would not include most decks and does not include deck 11.  It's basically a one-way express elevator that takes you from deck 8 to 20.  If memory serves, it stops at deck 8, deck 19 and deck 20.  That's it.  From every deck that I know of with staterooms, there is no obvious indication that an elevator even exists at that location.

This illustration shows the location of our room and the nearest elevator.

IMG_1317.jpeg

Edited by Stockjock

4 hours ago, Stockjock said:

That’s exactly what I am saying. That elevator does not stop at most floors, it takes you to the top where the Venom slide is and back down to the main deck. So I think there are two stops, maybe three, which would not include most decks and does not include deck 11.  It's basically a one-way express elevator that takes you from deck 8 to 20.  If memory serves, it stops at deck 8, deck 19 and deck 20.  That's it.  From every deck that I know of with staterooms, there is no obvious indication that an elevator even exists at that location.

This illustration shows the location of our room and the nearest elevator.

IMG_1317.jpeg

Thanks for the clarification.  Our cabin is just beyond yours by probably 10 steps on Deck 10. Looks like we might be walking down/up two flights on a regular basis.  BTW, I really enjoyed your NYE review.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Wow we are booked all the way aft on deck 10. Guess we will be doing a lot of walking

Yes, and it's an especially long way to the theater at the front of the ship.

Just a fair warning, this problem is not exclusive to the World Europa - all the ships on this platform (the Oasis class and Icon class on RCCL) have this same elevator distance issue for the aft cabins.  In fact, World Europa is unique to having at least the extra set of "limited" panoramic elevators that service the World Promenade.

14 hours ago, ocdb8r said:

Just a fair warning, this problem is not exclusive to the World Europa - all the ships on this platform (the Oasis class and Icon class on RCCL) have this same elevator distance issue for the aft cabins.  In fact, World Europa is unique to having at least the extra set of "limited" panoramic elevators that service the World Promenade.

Ok thanks for that information. I may be OK then. We used to always book the last cabin in the boardwalk area and we survived that on Royal. That was until they put the slides in. Now when we do Royal we book Central Park.

I was thinking about changing to an infinity balcony on the World America but I think we will stay put for now.