TVs on ships? (NBA Finals)

Looking for some information… Traveling on the Norwegian Gem in a few weeks. Are there TVs aboard the Norwegian Gem and do you think they will be showing the NBA finals? (Boston to Bermuda a lot of Celtics fans on board) If anyone has traveled on other Norwegian ships that could possibly help this answer as well.

I'd be shocked if they didn't.  While I've never sailed during the finals, I have during the regular season and playoffs and have seen games.  You get whichever game they choose to show, but that won't be a problem for the finals 

3 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

You get whichever game they choose to show, but that won't be a problem for the finals 

You get whatever their satellite feed chooses to show. I also assume that will include the NBA Finals.

6 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

You get whatever their satellite feed chooses to show. I also assume that will include the NBA Finals.

Isn't that exactly what I said???

Posted (edited)

A few years ago when I was on the Dawn out of Boston they made sure to play a Patriots game in O’Sheehans. I’d imagine they would do the same for the NBA finals. 

Edited by Hot Stop

2 minutes ago, Hot Stop said:

A few years ago when I was on the Dawn out of Boston they made sure to play a Patriots game in O’Sheehans. I’d imagine they would do the same for the NBA finals. 

NCL certainly chooses what venue's TV shows what. However, if the company they use for broadcast chose not to show the Patriots game, you would have been out of luck. 

29 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Not specifically. Your post seemed to imply that NCL chooses. AFAIK, that is not the case.

My post didn't imply no such thing 

8 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Good luck with that. The only sports I've ever seen on an NCL ship (other then the Super Bowl) was soccer...er, sorry to my European friends...football (futbol?)

It depends a lot on what is being played at the time. Football (soccer) is the most common sport, in my experience, but recently I have also seen tennis, NFL, Rigby (during the World Cup) and NBA.

16 hours ago, WheelchairNick said:

Looking for some information… Traveling on the Norwegian Gem in a few weeks. Are there TVs aboard the Norwegian Gem and do you think they will be showing the NBA finals? (Boston to Bermuda a lot of Celtics fans on board) If anyone has traveled on other Norwegian ships that could possibly help this answer as well.

We were on the Joy in June '22 and every game of the NBA finals was broadcast live on their sports channel.  I'm a transplanted Cetics fan and raised my son that way. We watched the games at the bar in the Local while the wife, daughter and GF worked the roulette wheel.

Go Celts!

All NBA finals as well as the NHL finals will be on the tv.s live.  During NFL season the Sunday game will be shown as well the Sunday night games, Monday night game as well as the Thursday night game  So no worries if your a sport fan

Sports 24 schedule of their 2 sea channels can be seen about a week out here (scroll down)

https://sport24live.com/schedule 

In addition each ship can lock on to certain other feeds, often that includes 1 or 2 networks and ESPN.  It varies.  They try hard to put on big finals but don't always have access. And any game that is on a streaming source - no good.

14 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

My post didn't imply no such thing 

You are correct. It gave zero indication of who chose what to show. You simply said "they".

Are you offended that I simply clarified your post? That seems unlike you.

2 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

You are correct. It gave zero indication of who chose what to show. You simply said "they".

Are you offended that I simply clarified your post? That seems unlike you.

Unfortunately, things can get lost with the keyboard, but I was in no way offended.  I was more confused because your post seemed to say the exact same as mine, even using "their" in place of my "they".  So it absolutely didn't offer any clarity. And to be honest, the definition of who they is wouldn't add anything to the answer.  Point is, expect the games to be shown 

Was just on the Joy out of NYC from 5/19-5/26 and they played both the NBA Eastern Conference and Western Conference finals games in some of the bars as well as on the in-room TVs. They also carried the NHL playoffs.