Bourbon Choices on board

3 hours ago, pingpong1 said:

Would you consider just bringing along your own bottle or two in your luggage, if having that particular bourbon available was an "enjoyment priority" for you?  I always pack my own cigars and humidor along with me when cruising. 

Yes agreed.  I often do that with wine, but as much as I love bourbon, I can 'slum it' in that area for a week! 😉

Will definitely be bringing some nice cubans on Grandeur in December. Very keen to check out the newest Connoisseur Club.

• Like 1

A recent Splendor passenger said that the ship didn't get their expected bourbon shipment in Athens. He talked to the F&B manager, who then went bourbon shopping in Izmir when they stopped there. That evening a brand new bottle of Blanton's was waiting for the passenger in his cabin.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cAPS lOCK oN said:

A recent Splendor passenger said that the ship didn't get their expected bourbon shipment in Athens. He talked to the F&B manager, who then went bourbon shopping in Izmir when they stopped there. That evening a brand new bottle of Blanton's was waiting for the passenger in his cabin.

Thank you. I added Blanton's to our request form. I hope there is more availability than Booker's.

• 1 month later...

I was pleasantly surprised this cruise.  Last cruise we were in an Explorer suite. For 18 nights that was not in the budget so have a Concierge suite (I was hoping for an upsell offer)

Upon arrival in our suite there was already a one liter bottle of Woodford Reserve which I believe was requested last cruise (but they were out).  Nice service touch.  

• Like 3

I can’t imagine when, you have access to the world’s best whiskys, you would choose bourbon over Scotch!!!🤣

Then again I guess I’m a bit biased 😀!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scottie99 said:

I can’t imagine when, you have access to the world’s best whiskys, you would choose bourbon over Scotch!!!🤣

oh for PEAT's sake, scottie99! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, scottie99 said:

If you lived in the South and were an SEC Football fan, you'd understand bourbon!  Then again, if you lived in the South and WEREN'T an SEC Football Fan, you'd get sent back to Scotland. 🤣

• Like 1

20 hours ago, scottie99 said:

Absolutely, Scottie!  As a "yank" having been stationed (posted) in Edzell from '71-'75...a lovely country filled with lovely people!... I had my first introduction to really fine whiskys...and never went back to that "American stuff"!  To this day, I still enjoy a "wee dram" or two, every night before (and maybe even after) dinner. I mostly prefer the Highland and Speyside selections.  Best Regards.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2024 at 12:33 PM, papaflamingo said:

If you lived in the South and were an SEC Football fan, you'd understand bourbon!  Then again, if you lived in the South and WEREN'T an SEC Football Fan, you'd get sent back to Scotland. 🤣

See you are getting mixed up again.   Just as you do with whisky.  We play the real game of football.  😀

It is a ball game with the ball played at the feet!   The English say they invented it but history shows it started in Scotland. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 ( some foreigners call it soccer, but don’t worry, it’s really called football) 🤣🤣🤣.

You want to experience rivalry ? Come to a Celtic v Rangers FOOTBALL game- now that’s rivalry!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, scottie99 said:

You want to experience rivalry ? Come to a Celtic v Rangers FOOTBALL game- now that’s rivalry

Tell you what... you come to Georgia and we'll go to an SEC football game and I'll come there for a Celtic v Ranger football game.  I'll bring the bourbon to the SEC game, you bring the scotch to the Celtic v Ranger game! 

We can even throw a Rugby game in over there... but I draw the line at Cricket.... tried to understand it.... I think I have a better chance of understanding my wife!  😎

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

Tell you what... you come to Georgia and we'll go to an SEC football game and I'll come there for a Celtic v Ranger football game.  I'll bring the bourbon to the SEC game, you bring the scotch to the Celtic v Ranger game! 

We can even throw a Rugby game in over there... but I draw the line at Cricket.... tried to understand it.... I think I have a better chance of understanding my wife!  😎

Sounds like a plan!  And totally agree re cricket.    That’s an English thing, not tolerated much in Scotland!

• Like 1