Disembarking in New York

Does anyone know if Regent offers transportation to LaGuardia airport upon arrival in New York.  If so, is it by bus, private car, etc., and approximate cost?  If they do, I assume we can use OBC for this.

Thanks in advance.

We can assume,  you don’t have Regents air, hence you are on your own for transfers.  In that case a few days before the end of the cruise,  you will be presented with a list of choices and prices to get you off the ship and on your way.  Most likely bus, unless you want to pay for the extra cost of the car service.  

If you have the Uber app,  a quick fake trip will give you some idea of the cost if you do it yourself.  Try to match the day and time of the week.  

Yes, you can use OBC to pay for the transfer (if it is not already included.)

Taxis are readily available and about $75 from the port to LGA

Uber/Lyft also easy to get and maybe a slight discount over a taxi.

Posted (edited)

There’s a relatively new rideshare service in NYC called REVEL. They’re all electric cars, mostly Teslas, owned by the company. We found them to be efficient, spotlessly clean, and their price beat Uber’s and Lyft’s every time we tried. They’re very customer service-oriented. We were really impressed. Their app is easy to use, and all the cars are painted a distinctive blue, so they’re easy to spot. Give them a try!

image.jpeg

Edited by GMIAC

Uber is super easy to use.  Much less expensive than the Regent transfer and you don't have to ride in a bus with a bunch of other people. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RachelG said:

Uber is super easy to use.  Much less expensive than the Regent transfer and you don't have to ride in a bus with a bunch of other people. 

I'm not sure what the problem about riding in a bus with 'a bunch of other people' is? After all, they would be fellow Regent passengers, there would have been a much bigger 'bunch of people' on the ship, and you would possibly have been on excursions with a similar bunch of people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minotaur said:

I'm not sure what the problem about riding in a bus with 'a bunch of other people' is? After all, they would be fellow Regent passengers, there would have been a much bigger 'bunch of people' on the ship, and you would possibly have been on excursions with a similar bunch of people.

Yes, but they could be Veranda Room people.  😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minotaur said:

Just easier to deal with luggage with taxi or uber

• Like 2

3 hours ago, minotaur said:

When you have a bus load of passengers with luggage to load there seems to be a lot more waiting around, first to get all the luggage on then you have to wait to get all your luggage off. If you were first to get it loaded on you are likely to be last to have it taken off. Also you might have the luck like some experienced on a recent bus trip to a charter flight on Seabourn that they had to return to the hotel because one couple realised they had left their passports in the safe in their room. 

I much prefer to it just be worrying about my husband and I and our things and go with taxi or uber.

• Like 2

I realize that all cruises are different and circumstances can change but please tell me what time you disembarked.  We are arranging a ride service home in September and would appreciate advice regarding pick up time.

TIA.

We left the ship around 7:45am (on a Sunday), and our train was at 9:00am.  It was a little bit of a walk from the ship through the terminal to the street.  Arrived at the station by 8:05 am.  Two people with 1 large roller, 2 small rollers, 2 backpacks, and a handbag. 

5 hours ago, Marylebone37 said:

We left the ship around 7:45am (on a Sunday), and our train was at 9:00am.  It was a little bit of a walk from the ship through the terminal to the street.  Arrived at the station by 8:05 am.  Two people with 1 large roller, 2 small rollers, 2 backpacks, and a handbag. 

Thanks 

10 minutes ago, labonnevie said:

It also makes a difference when another huge (4000+) passenger ship is disembarking when you are. Suggest you check the port schedule and plan accordingly. 

Yes. Thanks. Grandeur is only ship listed on the schedule and I believe we go through customs in Portland so I am looking for to an uncomplicated disembark