Higher then Normal Prices?

We find consistent good deals, but we are not married to any particular line and cruise 4-5 regularly. I got some great recent deals on RCL, NCL, where CCL has seemed more expensive than it used to be, lately. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

We find consistent good deals, but we are not married to any particular line and cruise 4-5 regularly. I got some great recent deals on RCL, NCL, where CCL has seemed more expensive than it used to be, lately. 

Your assessment seems right on.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Your assessment seems right on.

Glad its not just me!

We went on CCL Horizon recently, because some friends had already booked and invited us. I think it was about $3500/7 day balcony for 4. Which is ok, and we had a nice time.

We just booked two RCL cruises for later this year on RCL Wonder of the Seas and Oasis of the seas. Same 7 days/balcony for 4 and $4100/$3200 respectively. Carnival Excel options were higher for the dates we wanted. Obviously everyone has their favored lines, etc, but for the same or similar prices Horizon is not comparable to those RCL ships/amenities. 

NCL has some pretty sweet rates our of Boston to Bermuda for next spring too!

Edited by elcuchio24
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

Glad its not just me!

We went on CCL Horizon recently, because some friends had already booked and invited us. I think it was about $3500/7 day balcony for 4. Which is ok, and we had a nice time.

We just booked two RCL cruises for later this year on RCL Wonder of the Seas and Oasis of the seas. Same 7 days/balcony for 4 and $4100/$3200 respectively. Carnival Excel options were higher for the dates we wanted. Obviously everyone has their favored lines, etc, but for the same or similar prices Horizon is not comparable to those RCL ships/amenities. 

NCL has some pretty sweet rates our of Boston to Bermuda for next spring too!

Be surprised if they do not come back down to earth in the next couple months, nothing to back that up with, but everything tells me it has to.

• Like 2

On 6/6/2024 at 3:36 PM, jimbo5544 said:

Be surprised if they do not come back down to earth in the next couple months, nothing to back that up with, but everything tells me it has to.

I think that's right. I sense some quiet softening on the horizon. The discretionary money has really started to dry up. Of course the cruise lines will all try to hold the line and tell everyone that bookings remain 'brilliant' but I think they're beginning to see some cracks. I read an article that indicated that there's some last minute softness this summer. Keep your eyes peeled for some Pack N Go fares.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jsglow said:

I think that's right. I sense some quiet softening on the horizon. The discretionary money has really started to dry up. Of course the cruise lines will all try to hold the line and tell everyone that bookings remain 'brilliant' but I think they're beginning to see some cracks. I read an article that indicated that there's some last minute softness this summer. Keep your eyes peeled for some Pack N Go fares.

I purchased a cruise in May 2023 - 7 days Alaska Inside Passage on Celebrity for $587 in September 2024.  In the past year, the cruise price has risen until it peaked at $1350 last month.

We just passed the 90 day date where the final cruise payments were due.  Now, the cruise is back to $595.  It would be difficult to not attribute this to cancellations.

I think that there will be a number of great deals in the next 12 months to those who are not too choosy as the economy is not getting any better.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jlawrence01 said:

I purchased a cruise in May 2023 - 7 days Alaska Inside Passage on Celebrity for $587 in September 2024.  In the past year, the cruise price has risen until it peaked at $1350 last month.

We just passed the 90 day date where the final cruise payments were due.  Now, the cruise is back to $595.  It would be difficult to not attribute this to cancellations.

I think that there will be a number of great deals in the next 12 months to those who are not too choosy as the economy is not getting any better.

My guess would be cancellations tied to final payment.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2024 at 2:08 PM, jimbo5544 said:

Land resorts in the Caribbean were not 30 billion in the hole either.

True, but I'm hoping a lot of these increases will soon be updating some of these precious ships and hiring some much needed staff to give help to these hard workers.