Disembark time san pedro

We are on the pacific coastal cruise that ends in LA on Thursday 11/7.  The arrival time is 7am.  We plan to do the self assist disembark.  Our flight is out of Long Beach airport at 10:45.  Should we plan a reserve in advance uber or walk off and call for an uber.  What time might we expect to actually be on the pier?  I searched the west coast departure port and can’t find an answer.

Posted (edited)

According to the port schedule, jewel is the only ship in port that day….makes it a bit easier since you will then dock in berth 92 instead of getting an outer harbor berth which can take longer. Also much less crowding as there will only be jewel pax disembarking/preparing to embark.

Self assist disembark will def help, I’d plan to get off as early as possible with that tight flight time.

Can’t help re: when disembark will start / time off ship as that depends on when they’re cleared, if facial recognition is being used, number of customs officers, etc. 

Imo get off as quickly as possible (I.e. walk very very fast) and order your Uber as soon as you’re outside. You should be ok, although I’m not sure I’d get that early of a flight in socal; still have weekday traffic to contend with, etc.

good luck!

Correction: schedule shows berth 93, but pretty much same/same.

Edited by JamesIowa

Available Ubers are roaming near the port.  I ordered one at 11 AM on a Bliss disembarkation day and got a driver within minutes and if it wasn't for a traffic snarl because of a family trying to fit 10lbs of stuff in a 5lb bag (the guy had to call in a buddy to get the overflow, security/traffic control were NOT happy) I would have been in the car within 10 minutes or so.  Getting off the ship was a whole other story, but I was also on a bigger ship.

That's cutting it a little close for my comfort but doable. I have been on a few cruises that ended in San Pedro and have not had a smooth experience on any of them. First time, there was fog so we didn't even dock until after 8am and were delayed in getting off. Twice I have waited over 30 minutes for an Uber to arrive, had a couple cancel (got better fares). It really is a crap shoot at that port, but like @hallux I was usually on a larger ship. If it's a weekend your traffic will be better and Long Beach is a tiny airport so check in is easy. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

26 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Twice I have waited over 30 minutes for an Uber to arrive, had a couple cancel (got better fares).

This was basically my experience except I never actually got an uber or lyft to come into the parking area to get me (tried for 45 minutes.) They either cancelled or just weren't accepting.  The parking lot and pickup/dropoff area was a madhouse and the cars were hardly moving.  I had to find an alternative way to the airport.

There is NO way I would book a flight that early after a cruise (San Pedro or not).  Too many things can go wrong on and off ship to risk it.  A storm system could delay your arrival time and push back your disembarkation time (in an early November timeframe completely possible).

Look what happened in Seattle two days ago.  The Quantum of The Seas was supposed to dock about 6 A.M.  Because very strong winds in the Seattle area, they were unable to dock until shorty before 2 P.M.  Anything on and off ship can happen to delay your timeframe.

5 hours ago, ronheg said:

We are on the pacific coastal cruise that ends in LA on Thursday 11/7.  The arrival time is 7am.  We plan to do the self assist disembark.  Our flight is out of Long Beach airport at 10:45.  Should we plan a reserve in advance uber or walk off and call for an uber.  What time might we expect to actually be on the pier?  I searched the west coast departure port and can’t find an answer.

That is pretty tight, but if you are going to,PHX (based on the Sun City location) you should have lots of options if you miss that flight. 

We have done multiple cruises disembarking in San Pedro.  Never a glitch, lucky us.  But a 1045am flight out of Long Beach would make me nervous.  If everything goes right, you could be off the Ship around 8am??   personally would not do