Beyond Buffet Question's

I eat at the trough all the time on the Celebrity ships I've been on (only the Summit and the Millie).  I like both the selection and the quality there.  Unfortunately for the OP, I rarely bother with pasta or burgers at the OVC, so I don't know how often they're served there.

2 hours ago, horseymike said:

Hi Everyone ,

I am a big fan of Roast Turkey . Any sightings of it on the Beyond ?

One night on our recent 7 Night (S class Bermuda) they had turkey at the carving station.
Along with the typical fixins....

13 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

I once went up to the buffet to make myself a charcuterie plate to bring back to my cabin. I think I saw hamburgers and hotdogs, since the Mast Grill was closed, but I can't say for certain.

We have not seen hamburgers/hotdogs in the OVC in our 6 post covid cruises on X. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, hasentreelake said:

One night on our recent 7 Night (S class Bermuda) they had turkey at the carving station.
Along with the typical fixins....

We have not seen hamburgers/hotdogs in the OVC in our 6 post covid cruises on X. 

I will add they had 'sausages' at the carving station one night.
Brats Chorizo and other types. I got a brat - the casing was tough 🙂

I think there was a roast Turkey at least twice on our cruise ( and it was very good) OH had a Turkey burger from the Mast Grill one afternoon, there was a wait while it was cooked, there were also waits for the beef burgers, as these were also freshly cooked. 
If the Rooftop Grill is open, you can book and pay for a meal there and I’m pretty sure posh burgers are on the menu - at a price! 
However, apart from actual burgers, there was always sufficient ‘straightforward’ food in the buffet at night, to ensure that you wouldn’t go hungry.

Having looked at the menus for Luminae, that has confirmed I’m not missing anything on the food front by not booking a suite! 

in the Main dining room just tell your waiter you want to order the burger from the kids menu which includes cheeseburgers. There is nothing wrong with an adult ordering off the kids menu, list is below. (Original Poster indicated they might want to have a burger at 8 pm)

Entrees
Spaghetti Bolognese
Mac and Cheese
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Mini Margarita Pizza
Fish Fingers Lemon Parsley Mayonnaise
Cheese Burger* with Fries
Grilled New York Strip with Mashed Potatoes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, comfy_critters said:

in the Main dining room just tell your waiter you want to order the burger from the kids menu which includes cheeseburgers. There is nothing wrong with an adult ordering off the kids menu, list is below. (Original Poster indicated they might want to have a burger at 8 pm)

Entrees
Spaghetti Bolognese
Mac and Cheese
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Mini Margarita Pizza
Fish Fingers Lemon Parsley Mayonnaise
Cheese Burger* with Fries
Grilled New York Strip with Mashed Potatoes

Thanks. Great idea! 

If you head over to YouTube, there is a content creator called TravelTouristVideos.  When they go on a cruise, they make videos of ALL INCLUDED food options videoing everything available in the MDR, included restaurants, and the buffet.  You will see a picture and a title for each menu item 

They have NOT done one on the Beyond but have done a number of the videos on Celebrity Apex and Millennium.  I believe that the offerings on the Apex would be very similar to the Beyond.

While I prefer to eat at the MDR, I have a serious case of FOMO - fear of missing out.  After dinner, I always walk through the buffet to see all the food.  I am an extreme foodie and worked in many commercial kitchens for years . I love to take pictures of the food as it gives me fresh new menu items to duplicate at home and it helps me with my food presentation as I cook for a number of my elderly neighbors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One more thing.  If you want something that you do not see on the menu, ask for it.  Celebrity staff has been very willing to give us special requests and dietary requirements when asked.  You will find that getting a hamburger in the MDR is not that difficult and is a common request of the few children on board.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jlawrence01 said:

One more thing.  If you want something that you do not see on the menu, ask for it.  Celebrity staff has been very willing to give us special requests and dietary requirements when asked.  You will find that getting a hamburger in the MDR is not that difficult and is a common request of the few children on board.

True. I never even thought about a special request. (Don't like to be a pain) But if it's on children menu, shouldn't be to much bother. 

On 6/6/2024 at 9:21 AM, DennysDad said:

For the picky eaters. Does the buffet have a burger and pasta station every night?

Also, how lax is the buffet dress code?

Thanks.

Don't know about night time, but we did notice pasta every day for lunch and I believe hamburgers.

Mast Grill has burgers including turkey burgers and hot dogs until 6 PM.

There is no dress code except shirts must be worn and no swim suits.  I would highly recommend wearing sturdy shoes.  My complaint, and I finally said something to one of the managers in OVC as he was guilty of this as well.  The staff come flying out of the kitchen door with no concern for the guests who are wandering around aimlessly looking at all the food.  I was nearly knocked over 5 times in the first 3 days.

On 6/7/2024 at 3:54 AM, horseymike said:

Hi Everyone ,

I am a big fan of Roast Turkey . Any sightings of it on the Beyond ?

Yes!  Been on Beyond in Europe twice and once in the Caribbean...Beyond is exiled there now!

On 6/6/2024 at 7:00 PM, DennysDad said:

Well, there's the picky eater. And there's the 55 plus person who has better luck chewing burgers than steak. LOL. 

But I do like to treat myself to a burger around 8pm if I want something extra on a cruise. I don't see what's wrong with wanting and expecting that. 

So it's a safe go to if all else fails for 3 out of 4 of us. Just surprised they don't have some cooked ready to take at the buffet when wanted. 

Really didn't think this question would become the be all and end all. 

@jelayne mentioned she did see pre-cooked burgers in the buffet…

Regarding the unwarranted “advice” and snide comments, that is quite common in these forums…Take them with a grain of salt…but leave some salt on your margarita glass rim! 😉

Enjoy!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, blue_water said:

@jelayne mentioned she did see pre-cooked burgers in the buffet…

Regarding the unwarranted “advice” and snide comments, that is quite common in these forums…Take them with a grain of salt…but leave some salt on your margarita glass rim! 😉

Enjoy!

I did see @jelayne mention seeing pre cooked burgers, but so many responses in the other direction still made me question. Hopefully they are right and others weren't paying attention. Also, I do like the idea that burgers are available on childrens menus so should be no big deal for an adult. Funny thing is I don't see the children's menu on the app. Guess you have to ask for one in dinning rooms. 

I know, take snide comments with a big grain of salt. I try. LOL. Depends on the day. LOL. I love a pool side Margarita! No salt. My doctor would kill me. LOL.

• Like 1