New Cagney’s Menu…

23 minutes ago, fastpitchdad said:

Isn't that just for fish intended to be eaten raw like sushi? 

No. All fish, meats, fowl must be frozen. And for most US cruises, all of the food comes from the central warehouse in Florida and shipped frozen to the ports of departure. 

On 6/9/2024 at 9:34 PM, BenDover said:

No more Foie gras at Le Bistro 😲

It was already gone on our cruise last month. AND we still got hit with an upcharge, even though we were told it would not be added. It took 20 minutes to get the restaurant manager to back it out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

No. All fish, meats, fowl must be frozen. And for most US cruises, all of the food comes from the central warehouse in Florida and shipped frozen to the ports of departure. 

Just for cruises or in general? The post to which I replied wasn't only talking about cruises. 

21 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

It was already gone on our cruise last month. AND we still got hit with an upcharge, even though we were told it would not be added. It took 20 minutes to get the restaurant manager to back it out. 

So sad 😕

In the past you could opt of the Foie Gras and they would waive the up charge. I did see that the new menu does not show an up charge.

2 minutes ago, BenDover said:

Has anyone sailed after these changes took place?

Can you verify that you can not get a soup and an appetizer.

I was on the Gem last week. The waiter was telling all the tables:

You can pick 2 appetizers, 1 entree, 2 sides, 1 dessert.

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BenDover said:

Has anyone sailed after these changes took place?

Can you verify that you can not get a soup and an appetizer.

4 hours ago, slidemaster5 said:

I was on the Gem last week. The waiter was telling all the tables:

You can pick 2 appetizers, 1 entree, 2 sides, 1 dessert.

Same on the Joy last week.   

Edited by vacation44
Change
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

We were told 1/1/1/1!

We were in Cagney's on the Gem on Tuesday June 4th, and Thursday June 6th and were told the same things both times. Also, the tables around us were told the same thing since I heard the same intro being given by the waiter (we were there both times at 5:30 so everyone is getting seated and given menus at the same time)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, slidemaster5 said:

We were in Cagney's on the Gem on Tuesday June 4th, and Thursday June 6th and were told the same things both times. Also, the tables around us were told the same thing since I heard the same intro being given by the waiter (we were there both times at 5:30 so everyone is getting seated and given menus at the same time)

Really? Only 1 side? I kinda like to get a veggie AND a starch.

Edited by roddy good boy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, roddy good boy said:

Really? Only 1 side? I kinda like to get a veggie AND a starch.

We were told You can pick 2 appetizers, 1 entree, 2 sides, 1 dessert.

Appears ggTexasGal was told something else on the same cruise. So, there is confusion amongst the waiters I assume. Or with NCL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, slidemaster5 said:

Appears ggTexasGal was told something else on the same cruise. So, there is confusion amongst the waiters I assume. Or with NCL.

🤦🏻‍♀️

6 minutes ago, slidemaster5 said:

The confusion has been going on since 2015 when there were actually no written restrictions just staff making things up on the ship which varied night to night, venue by venue.  Then there were written restrictions which also would vary at the time of sitting down.

There are some here who report ordering whatever you want and they get the extra sides or apps waived yet they then on other threads will yell thief when someone gets a drink for someone without a plan (which I agree with the last part).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

Wow, that's really a change.  You got that directly from NCL's group coordinator?

Yes, from the group coordinator Jackie Randazzo. I even asked her to confirm and she said yes, unfortunately this is new policy. So we shall see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lisabdh1 said:

Yes, from the group coordinator Jackie Randazzo. I even asked her to confirm and she said yes, unfortunately this is new policy. So we shall see.

Thank you.  She has been my "go to" when I have coordinated M&Gs in the past.

On 6/11/2024 at 8:56 AM, lisabdh1 said:

They just informed me there will be no more complimentary snacks and beverages at any Meet and Greets either.

I've only attended one Meet and Greet.  That was over a year ago and there were no beverages and snacks.  How long ago were they doing that?

21 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I've only attended one Meet and Greet.  That was over a year ago and there were no beverages and snacks.  How long ago were they doing that?

We attended one (and only one) in August 2022. There was some little plates of cheese and crackers, so I guess that counts. We had the booze package, so we did have drinks but we would have had them anyway.

Was nice to meet (well, see…) the crew, but it struck as a glorified sales presentation for Cruise Next. Basically a waste of time, in our opinion. 

6 minutes ago, Distinctive-Destinations said:

We attended one (and only one) in August 2022. There was some little plates of cheese and crackers, so I guess that counts. We had the booze package, so we did have drinks but we would have had them anyway.

Was nice to meet (well, see…) the crew, but it struck as a glorified sales presentation for Cruise Next. Basically a waste of time, in our opinion. 

That sounds more like the Latitudes reception than a meet and greet.

• Like 1

Has anyone posted pics of the new menus or are they just on the ncl site? I didn't read through all 6 pages here. Any items coming back? Like the chocolate fondue at LeBistro?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Most recently November 2023 and March of 2023. 

43 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

That sounds more like the Latitudes reception than a meet and greet.

I agree, whenever I host M&Gs, we have fun! We love meeting the officers and talking to them, then we usually do a gift exchange or a slot pull. It's a great way to meet people and have fun during the cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, lisabdh1 said:

I agree, whenever I host M&Gs, we have fun! We love meeting the officers and talking to them, then we usually do a gift exchange or a slot pull. It's a great way to meet people and have fun during the cruise.

Did you receive a CN sales pitch?  That just didn't sound right.

Posted (edited)

FWIW and not to go off-topic, further away from changes to the new 2024 Cagney's Menu ... 6+ NCL cruises within the past 24 months (5 different ships) and none pitched about CruiseNext (confused w the Latitudes (Sales) Welcome Back reception.  

We've always had complimentary light refreshments provided at no charge to CruiseCritic ... I heard chatters they do ask the social media private group about paying for it, unconfirmed, as I do not co-mingle nor promote & mention them.

Collage_2024-06-12_16_21_57.thumb.jpg.4493a40b72d558d0538ec1b65d421afe.jpg

Collage_2024-06-12_16_22_43.thumb.jpg.45ef4ccab81e5b7ff07f85bcd3bb3b30.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 3