Hotel with park and cruise for Manhatten Cruise Terminal

We are cruising in August and are driving instead of flying this time. Looking for recommendations for a one night stay pre-cruise (clean, safe) with free or low cost 7 day parking and transportation to/from Manhatten cruise terminal. At the moment we have reservations at Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park NJ but I am reading very mixed reviews. Any recommendations for hotels, or personal experience with this hotel?  TIA

1 hour ago, Buckeye10640 said:

We are cruising in August and are driving instead of flying this time. Looking for recommendations for a one night stay pre-cruise (clean, safe) with free or low cost 7 day parking and transportation to/from Manhatten cruise terminal. At the moment we have reservations at Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park NJ but I am reading very mixed reviews. Any recommendations for hotels, or personal experience with this hotel?  TIA

Check trinityreservations.com. Sometimes they'll have a couple of hotels with packages for the Manhattan cruise terminal. The hotels will also be in NJ, usually near EWR. You won't find anything in NYC itself.

I would just park at the port that way you can get hit the road when you get back. Yes, it expensive, but since the only hotels that would offer a park and cruise for Manhattan are in NJ, I also include the commute time in my cost analysis. Especially if going direct means you wouldn't go into NJ in the first place. For me, going to NJ would be out of my way.

38 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I would just park at the port that way you can get hit the road when you get back. Yes, it expensive, but since the only hotels that would offer a park and cruise for Manhattan are in NJ, I also include the commute time in my cost analysis. Especially if going direct means you wouldn't go into NJ in the first place. For me, going to NJ would be out of my way.

Since the OP's handle starts with "Buckeye" perhaps they're from Ohio, which means that they would be passing through NJ and therefore not going out of their way.

6 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

We are cruising in August and are driving instead of flying this time. Looking for recommendations for a one night stay pre-cruise (clean, safe) with free or low cost 7 day parking and transportation to/from Manhatten cruise terminal.

There is another hotel in Ridgefield Park that has the MCT package. Think it is the Hilton.

The Fairfield Inn in North Bergen also has a MCT package.

FWIW, we drove down and parked in Weehawken, NJ, almost directly across the Hudson from the MCT. We stayed at a Residence inn located at the Weehawken ferry terminal. Hotel and 8 days parking were about half of what a comparable package would have cost across the river in Manhattan. Morning of the cruise, we jumped on the 8 minute long ferry ride and walked the 15 minutes north  to the MCT.

7 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Since the OP's handle starts with "Buckeye" perhaps they're from Ohio, which means that they would be passing through NJ and therefore not going out of their way.

Yes, coming from Ohio so NJ is not necessarily out of our way. And we need a hotel anyway, too long of a drive for same day. 

3 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Yes, coming from Ohio so NJ is not necessarily out of our way. And we need a hotel anyway, too long of a drive for same day. 

Don't overlook the suggestion made by @lx200gps. It's a good alternative to the traditional type of park and cruise package.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Don't overlook the suggestion made by @lx200gps. It's a good alternative to the traditional type of park and cruise package.

I am local, but this would be my choice as well.

• Like 1