How to have two single beds.

Cobrakev

When you get on board, ask your cabin attendant to change the bed for you. They will change it into two. The two single bed formation on Virgin is an "L" shape rather than two parallel beds.

It's not possible to have two independent single beds on VV. The best you'll get is the bed split into an L shape, and you will be sleeping head to head or feet to feet. It's a stupid configuration for single travelers.

6 hours ago, Wildcatllamas said:

I have traveled with a friend and we slept head to feet. It worked just fine. Only issue is the beds are super firm. Think dorm room beds. 

Your cabin host will put a folded up comforter under the sheet if you ask.  Alternatively, get a mattress topper from Amazon (twin size is about $20), they come vacuum packed so take up little space.  You may be able to have it shipped to the hotel you are using the night before; contact hotel to see if this is possible.  You can pack it up to take home or donate it to your room host.  There have been mixed responses, but in general, VV does not seem to have foam mattress toppers available for guests, only the comforters.

1 hour ago, cantgetin said:

Your cabin host will put a folded up comforter under the sheet if you ask.  Alternatively, get a mattress topper from Amazon (twin size is about $20), they come vacuum packed so take up little space.  You may be able to have it shipped to the hotel you are using the night before; contact hotel to see if this is possible.  You can pack it up to take home or donate it to your room host.  There have been mixed responses, but in general, VV does not seem to have foam mattress toppers available for guests, only the comforters.

My next cruise is out of Portsmouth. I have a lightweight backpacking inflatable that weighs just under 3 lbs that I might take with me. If that is to heavy, I am flying business class on BA so I might just get a small case to also check with that in it and then just leave both of them.

• Like 1