Planning a June cruise out of San Francisco

Planning on coming into San Francisco 2 days early. Any suggestions on where to stay and what we should try and see? Any hotels in an area walkable to see primary site of interest? If not, Uber or public transportation is fine. Thank you.

cant help with hotels, but definitely do the Hop On Hop Off Bus.  Stay on for one complete cycle, that way you will know what /where you want to be dropped off at the second time around.

• Like 1

Where to stay is a function of budget. I prefer Union Square and the Embarcadero. The only reason I don't stay in Nob Hill's fine hotels usually is the walk up and down the hill.

3362499153_96dde2433c_c.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KeepCalmBearOn said:

Where to stay is a function of budget. I prefer Union Square and the Embarcadero. The only reason I don't stay in Nob Hill's fine hotels usually is the walk up and down the hill.

3362499153_96dde2433c_c.jpg

WOW!

As pointed out, SF is a very compact city.  I would look more for something in your price range rather than something close to the port.  We use to do several long weekends a year when the price was right and would do Union Square mostly and Financial District second.  Uber is everywhere and within seconds of you most of the time.  

• Thanks 1

We currently live in Silicon Valley about an hour away but use to have a second home in SF that my husband used 3 days a week up at the top of Lombard Street.

Personally we  no longer recommend Union Square area hotels.   Yes Westin St. Francis is a fantastic hotel and great shopping at Union Square.  The Tenderloin (one worst part of San Francisco) is just block away and over the years is creeping into Union Square.    It is probably safe but I wouldn't go 1-2 blocks West.

Couple places I would recommend are-

Expensive -

Hyatt Regency 

Omni

Four Seasons

Intercontinental Mark Hopkins

Moderate -

Club Quarters in the Financial District

Hilton

• Thanks 1