LIVE - Legendary Alaska - 28 days with The Inside Cabin - Westerdam

Here was last night's menu on the ship - we stayed in Anchorage and had dinner at Humpy's

humpyfishandchips-2.jpg.c5ebf03e86d1b7b07068ce765eb74fca.jpg

humpyfishandchips.thumb.jpg.4997477fa877b1771fb1b0e6d0952228.jpg

This was Halibut fish and "chips"  - I substituted steamed vegetables for the chips.  These have a terrific light coating.  Delicious.   

Below is the menu for last night on the ship 

menu.thumb.jpg.6da94e8d4e43816f26460f258d851af2.jpg

menu-2.thumb.jpg.a0d8cd2cb2ec63e402972afcb8c13a35.jpg

Anchorage day 2 starts soon.   We leave at 6 PM

I posted these before - but repeating so you can see them on the same page - high and lowtide gangway

shallow.jpg.e8f4ac3c13fb9d7510883155af1fd780.jpg

7 PM

steep.jpg.1e8cb8a49df9ba05e5efd97cfb7c6359.jpg

11 AM

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Like 13

4 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Thank you for sharing your trip live with your great thread . I'm trying to do my first live and I would appreciate your help if possible . It looks like you use a DSLR as I do . How do you upload the photos or do you use a smart phone ? Thank you .

Thanks!

Send me an email - connect@theinsidecabin.com

19 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Thank you for sharing your trip live with your great thread . I'm trying to do my first live and I would appreciate your help if possible . It looks like you use a DSLR as I do . How do you upload the photos or do you use a smart phone ? Thank you .

I use an iPhone 15 for many shots. iPhones are great except for darker rooms, theatre, and long-range wildlife. iPhones are amazing cameras, and many people use them for everything with terrific results. I always use my phone instead of bringing my wide-angle lens for the Sony A6600. I now only use my DSLR for telephoto and theatre shots or if I need a bigger flash.

I used the Sony RX100 VII for most other stuff.  

It's easy to upload iPhone photos from your phone to cruise critic.  Sometimes you have to make the images smaller so they don't upload looking black.    

I will often copy my longer posts from my blog where I use Adobe Lightroom to tweak the photos and make them smaller.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

I use an iPhone 15 for many shots. iPhones are great except for darker rooms, theatre, and long-range wildlife. iPhones are amazing cameras, and many people use them for everything with terrific results. I always use my phone instead of bringing my wide-angle lens for the Sony A6600. I now only use my DSLR for telephoto and theatre shots or if I need a bigger flash.

I used the Sony RX100 VII for most other stuff.  

It's easy to upload iPhone photos from your phone to cruise critic.  Sometimes you have to make the images smaller so they don't upload looking black.    

I will often copy my longer posts from my blog where I use Adobe Lightroom to tweak the photos and make them smaller.  

Thank you ! I also have a Sony RX 100 and a couple of Canons . We did get an older iPhone which we will use in Europe but I've never taken a photo with it . It seems like the smart phone is smarter than I am . 🙂

Best wishes and the rest of your cruises . And thank you for the information on Spartina 449 , we did get 2 beach towels from them . 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Thank you ! I also have a Sony RX 100 and a couple of Canons . We did get an older iPhone which we will use in Europe but I've never taken a photo with it . It seems like the smart phone is smarter than I am . 🙂

Best wishes and the rest of your cruises . And thank you for the information on Spartina 449 , we did get 2 beach towels from them . 

Cruise critic has a test forum where you can practice uploading etc.   Good place to get used to the site. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Ditto ! I've been doing photo review threads for more than 15 years and have never noticed that . Thank you for sharing ! Sometimes old dogs can learn ..

Yes, it's a good place to iron out cut-and-paste issues. Some word processors get funky going to Cruise Critic, while others don't. It's a nice sandbox.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Btimmer said:

Re: the seafood boil, we've done a number of them and have found that for us, one pot is enough for the two of us.

Good Seafood Boil - But I agree - one pot for two people would be plenty!

Tables covered with paper

susanC.jpg.54e1c7be5491caf72f158e57cf9322fe.jpg

Bibs on - ready to go!

seafoodboil.jpg.cd70739415e23bafe4900d0c110f7042.jpg

Close-up of the pot!

seafoodboil2.thumb.jpg.831fd6636b9aeb46fe61294e0570cbc9.jpg

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Like 4