Current Norovirus on some P&O ships

1 hour ago, LittleTinker said:

Yes, I know that thank you.

I was answering the question.

But thanks for your input

Everyone above had said what they do without quoting me ,you said direct to me 

with a quote "I don't"  rather than ignore you I said "your choice " 

Hope that did not upset you ,not intended -Have a good evening .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

Personally don't take masks anywhere now. Did not before the pandemic and do not now. 

I don't either.  Haven't even thought about them for 6 months or more.

Sending an email asking those with stomach problems to not go on their cruise is just ridiculous.  Most will do what everyone has always done when there was a questionnaire.  Answer no to everything.  That's like asking people with a cold to stay at home.  Of course they won't.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Most will do what everyone has always done when there was a questionnaire. 

Too true ,I remember a cruise years ago and a woman at the side of us was filling 

in her questionnaire at the side of us .She had left her big travel bag open and 

she had a few boxes of Imodium ? Recovery or prevention ? Who knows .

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

Too true ,I remember a cruise years ago and a woman at the side of us was filling 

in her questionnaire at the side of us .She had left her big travel bag open and 

She could have been genetically predisposed, after all diarrhoea runs in your jeans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

30 minutes ago, kalos said:

We always have immodium in our general travel medicines, just in case they are needed, and 99% of the times they have been needed are non Noro related.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

I don't either.  Haven't even thought about them for 6 months or more.

Sending an email asking those with stomach problems to not go on their cruise is just ridiculous.  Most will do what everyone has always done when there was a questionnaire.  Answer no to everything.  That's like asking people with a cold to stay at home.  Of course they won't.

Yep, thats most of the people.
I dont know anyone who would mark down "Yes, me!! I have an illness!"  just so they can refuse boarding and lose all their money.
Isnt going to happen.

7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

We always have immodium in our general travel medicines, just in case they are needed, and 99% of the times they have been needed are non Noro related.

What stood out to me John was 3-4 boxes easily visible and the cruise was a 5 day one..

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, kalos said:

What stood out to me John was 3-4 boxes easily visible and the cruise was a 5 day one..

Imodium is always packed (altho only one packet 🤣) along with headache tablets and indigestion tablets 🤣. All eventualities covered!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Imodium is always packed (altho only one packet 🤣) along with headache tablets and indigestion tablets 🤣. All eventualities covered!

I tend to pack for the opposite scenario and pack Movicol,  due to what my medications 

do from time to time 🙃

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, kalos said:

I take a few boxes of loperimide as I have had IBS for a number of years and I use it as a prophylactic when travelling or going on an excursion etc. I also only go on long excursions if I know there are decent toilets available. BTW buy the supermarkets own brand, it is the same drug and dose and a LOT cheaper.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LittleTinker said:

My Mother travelled with boxes of Immodium.
She had MS and bowel issues and always took it.

Having something like immodium in your bag doesnt mean youre ill

I realise that ,just something that stuck in my mind ,as you say could have been 

for a host of reasons.

I travel with my weekly pill packs but always take at least a week more than 

needed .

Maybe she was staying onboard for the next cruise ,I'm sure she had her reasons 

for carrying so much .

For necessary medication, you should ALWAYS take more than needed - delays can happen, and having extra with you is much better than frantically trying to find some where to fill a presciption.

(Incidentally, I always pack a consortium of over-the-counter remedies to cover most eventualities, just in case. Including chicken cup soup. Just in case.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kalos said:

I agree that seems a bit extreme.  We always end up throwing them away, as they go out of date before we need them, I suppose I should be happy about that, but being a tight Yorkshireman, I don't like waste.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I always take both "stop and go". (Immodium and Movicol). I have needed both at various times over the years, and I am more intolerant to minor digestive inconveniences on holiday than I would be at home. An uncomfortable day or two at home can be put up with, but not on holiday.

Perhaps the lady referred to forgot to put them in her suitcase, or bought them from a service station on the way down. In all probability there was enough for her and her hubby too (knowing men)!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I agree that seems a bit extreme.  We always end up throwing them away, as they go out of date before we need them, I suppose I should be happy about that, but being a tight Yorkshireman, I don't like waste.

They are fine for years.
I get that from my biochemist other half. We never throw tablets away

1 hour ago, LittleTinker said:

They are fine for years.
I get that from my biochemist other half. We never throw tablets away

Depends on how they are stored I suppose. If kept in ideal conditions they will fine for years. But, for Health & Safety etc the use by dates have to be calculated reckoning on that not being the case.

16 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

If you go the Warners and forget to pack stuff like diocalm.....don't buy any in their shop. The house police will visit you...ill or not..expelled. or quarantined.  If I see an empty box on our travels, I keep it and leave it in a public area for them to find........more fun then plastic ducks.

• Haha 10

10 hours ago, kalos said:

Not really.  I carry at least 5 boxes as I suffer with severe IBS and so do lots of other people, and anyway, Imodium is not recommended if you have a bacterial/virus illness as it keeps the bug inside you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Not really.  I carry at least 5 boxes as I suffer with severe IBS and so do lots of other people, and anyway, Imodium is not recommended if you have a bacterial/virus illness as it keeps the bug inside you.

This is a happy thread isn't it.🤣

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, zap99 said:

This is a happy thread isn't it.🤣

The clue is in the title Zap 😀

Happy and noro don’t tend to come in the same sentence unless it’s I’m happy I’m over noro/ I’m happy i didn’t get noro etc.

Edited by Eglesbrech
  • Haha 4