I.T. Is at it again

Just my rant. Celebrity changed their website today to give us a more enjoyable shopping experience. Last night when I was looking at cruises I was able to put in my captains club number, my state residency, and my military status so I could see those rates. Well now that doesn’t seem to be an option. Maybe I overlooked it but I had to call my travel agent just to see the true rate. Not more enjoyable. 

8 minutes ago, NHCRUISIN said:

I have entered my state and captains club number many times, the price is never any different than if I don’t add that info.

The selection is always pretty narrow, but there are discounts based upon demographic.

The Cruisingpower web site used to post an Excel sheet for TAs showing all of the possible discounts, many by state of residence.  Haven't looked there in ages, so not sure if they still do.

Posted (edited)

we use the website as a gen search  vehicle ( it is terrible)   but we always call in to actually get REAL prices and to book..that works much to our advantage...better staterooms and  prices!

Edited by hcat

48 minutes ago, NHCRUISIN said:

I have entered my state and captains club number many times, the price is never any different than if I don’t add that info.

Yea that’s the situation but there is a military discount 

2 hours ago, NHCRUISIN said:

Agreed…same thing when I add the police discount.  When I call I get a “category upgrade.”

58 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Agreed…same thing when I add the police discount.  When I call I get a “category upgrade.”

The category upgrade is available to Captains Club members but you have to call and book to get.  

28 minutes ago, kasowell2 said:

When I do a mock booking I get a recommended for you screen. I have to choose I want multiple rooms to get back to the choices

IMG_0229.png

I got that screen a while back but only for a day or so. This is the screen I get

IMG_1434.thumb.png.4c942ed80159454374b63151df20a89f.png

5 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The category upgrade is available to Captains Club members but you have to call and book to get.  

Got it.  Funny I booked a few months ago after I called someone helped me, emailed me an offer (not as good as what I can get online) and I emailed back (they must’ve been off) and I didn’t hear back so I booked online and the price hasn’t gone down at all.  Not sure if I would’ve gotten more had I been patient enough but I’m happy with the price, moved it to my TA, got some limited OBC and I’m happy.