Breakfast

44 minutes ago, Senga said:

Until our Enchanted Princess Mediterranean cruise last September I was always on countdown to “baconfest”!  However, the bacon was horrible.  Same on our Caribbean Princess cruise last month.  😢

I've never had horrible bacon on a cruise.  What was horrible?  If at the buffet, I ask for crispy bacon.  Sometimes they have 2 trays (one of each), other times they get me a plate from behind, or I just wait for the replacement try to arrive.

1 hour ago, viviandr said:

I'm on Keto again and Bacon it is!  I've been worried about how I will stay Keto on the upcoming trip.  I remember now that you can order multiples of just about anything!

I’ve found that following my Keto diet on a cruise is really easy. There is so much available to keep you on track. Lucky for me, I don’t really have much of a sweet tooth.
Yes, you can order multiples and instead of potatoes, rice & pasta, you can ask for extra veggies. 

They’re pretty accommodating.

Have a great cruise!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I've never had horrible bacon on a cruise.  What was horrible?  If at the buffet, I ask for crispy bacon.  Sometimes they have 2 trays (one of each), other times they get me a plate from behind, or I just wait for the replacement try to arrive.

We always have breakfast in the MDR and I ask for it well done.  Don’t know how to describe it other than it was “off”.  I have ALWAYS loved bacon so very disappointing for me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Senga said:

We always have breakfast in the MDR and I ask for it well done.  Don’t know how to describe it other than it was “off”.  I have ALWAYS loved bacon so very disappointing for me.

I also do not like the bacon on Princess ships.  It is cut way too thick for me and when I ask for extra crispy, the bacon is swimming in grease.  I try it once on each cruise just in case it has got any better and then I give up.  We also eat breakfast in the MDR.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

You might enjoy the egg bites they have at the International Cafe. My DH is on a low carb diet to manage his diabetes, and these are a favorite for him. They are basically like little quiche without the crust. That was his go to breakfast everyday on our recent Sky Princess cruise. 

That’s good to know. I’m on a low carb diet (for clinical reasons) and they will be the perfect breakfast for me. 

1 hour ago, jimlouisesophie said:

What do you normally tip for a continental breakfast in your cabin

We usually only get coffee, so we give them a dollar. If we get additional items then $2.