Lunch Options on Port Days

We are long time Silversea cruisers considering a Regent cruise (haven't sailed it since it was Radisson!). One of the things we love about Silversea is that even on port days you can have a leisurely, indoor, non-buffet lunch in the Restaurant/Atlantide. Does Regent have a similar option? If so, where and is it available on all ships? Currently looking at Seven Seas Grandeur.

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

On Grandeur, Splendor, and Explorer, Prime 7 and Chartreuse alternate being open on port days. Pool Grill and La Veranda are open every day.

• Thanks 1

Hi, Jersey.  The lunch menus are different than the dinner menus in both restaurants.  Lighter and simpler in my opinion.  So you aren’t going see Dover sole or a big steak, but you will be able to order multiple courses and have a leisurely lunch if you are looking for that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That is good news to me !  We will be on Splendor in Santorini next year and are not planning to get off the ship (been there before, don't want to fight the crowds to get down from Fira etc).   I hope it will be Chartreuse that is open!

1 minute ago, baybridge said:

Would love to hear more about their lunch.

Not going on Splendor until August. But I seem to recall a delicious leek tart.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2024 at 10:13 PM, GMIAC said:

On Grandeur, Splendor, and Explorer, Prime 7 and Chartreuse alternate being open on port days. Pool Grill and La Veranda are open every day.

Anyone know anything about the other regent ships?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, chamima said:

Anyone know anything about the other regent ships?

On the three older Regent ships, Compass Rose is open for lunch every day except the first and last days. The lunch menu revolves around selections from the Prime 7 and Chartreuse lunch menus on the newer ships.

Dave

Edited by DaveFr
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, snorklelover said:

Trying to plan ahead for our September cruise. Can anyone tell me the time frame for lunch in both Chartreuse and Prime Seven?

Thank you

Opens at Noon. Have to be there about then - VERY popular for good reason.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, DaveFr said:

On the three older Regent ships, Compass Rose is open for lunch every day except the first and last days. The lunch menu revolves around selections from the Prime 7 and Chartreuse lunch menus on the newer ships.

Dave

So first and last days are Pool Grill only?

44 minutes ago, chamima said:

So first and last days are Pool Grill only?

On the first day both the Pool Grill and La Veranda are open for lunch. Now that I think about it, my reference to the last day was to the day you leave the ship (i.e., the first day of the next cruise segment). On the last full day of the cruise, all the normal lunch venues for that day are open.

Dave

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, snorklelover said:

DeepFreeze63,

Thank you will make sure we are there at noon.

It's been our experience (on Grandeur) that the specialty places aren't difficult to get into on port days; many people are out and about on excursions. And on sea days, both specialties (P7 and C) are open, dispersing the crowd. 

On 6/13/2024 at 7:16 PM, DaveFr said:

Dave

This was not the case on our 12-day Navigator cruise, which came to a close on Saturday. Compass Rose was open for lunch only twice, both sea days. Very disappointing.

12 minutes ago, Chateaunole-du-pape said:

This was not the case on our 12-day Navigator cruise, which came to a close on Saturday. Compass Rose was open for lunch only twice, both sea days. Very disappointing.

Sorry to hear that. Maybe restricting lunch in Compass Rose to sea days is part of Regent’s cost reduction program.

Dave

1 hour ago, DaveFr said:

Sorry to hear that. Maybe restricting lunch in Compass Rose to sea days is part of Regent’s cost reduction program.

Dave

No worries. We still had a great time. But I think we've decided that we prefer the new ships. At the same price per night, we'd just as soon have the additional options they provide.

• Like 1