OBC from TA

hmcrn

We are sailing to Alaska in 2025.  Our TA has awarded us with a bunch of OBC (approximately $500).  We were hoping to use this for some of the expensive excursions, but she is telling us that it does not post to our account until 7-10 days prior to the cruise. 

What can we expect to find excursion-wise at that time point?  Will there be any good excursions left?

If we don't spend it on excursions, what else is there?  We have the plus package already, so don't need it for beverages.  

Thanks for any/all advice!

10 minutes ago, hmcrn said:

We are sailing to Alaska in 2025.  Our TA has awarded us with a bunch of OBC (approximately $500).  We were hoping to use this for some of the expensive excursions, but she is telling us that it does not post to our account until 7-10 days prior to the cruise. 

What can we expect to find excursion-wise at that time point?  Will there be any good excursions left?

If we don't spend it on excursions, what else is there?  We have the plus package already, so don't need it for beverages.  

Thanks for any/all advice!

Go ahead and book your excursions and pay by credit card. Once you are onboard, the excursions will be charged to your folio and the credit card payments will be refundable OBC. If you don't use the refundable OBC, you will receive a refund by check after the cruise.

We also have a large credit from our TA. It’s available to use now. Did you check your cruise personalizer for the credits? We haven’t even paid in full yet for the cruise, but the credits are there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

We are supposed to have some OBC,  but they said it might not show up until we see it on the ship.   Is this the way it is done sometimes?   It isn't much, but I hope it does show up.

We also have OBC which we would like to use for excursions. I thought I read somewhere that they would be available to use once final payment is made. We only cruise Celebrity and with Celebrity the OBC is available immediately after booking and we used OBC for excursions and specialty restaurants. It was very easy!

15 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

We are supposed to have some OBC,  but they said it might not show up until we see it on the ship.   Is this the way it is done sometimes?   It isn't much, but I hope it does show up.

Yes, certain TA OBC will not be posted to your folio till day1 sometimes day2. One of my TA’s grants a loyalty OBC and it does not show up till day1 of the cruise. Same when they run a promo of giving extra OBC if you book during one of their ‘holiday’ sales, this OBC you have to wait till day1 to see and use.

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

We are supposed to have some OBC,  but they said it might not show up until we see it on the ship.  

This is what I've always heard...but I don't book through a TA so I have no first-hand experience. 

7 minutes ago, AZaTaz said:

I wonder if it depends on when the TA sends the money to princess?

I believe the key is the ‘type’ of OBC. My understanding is most promotional OBC coming ‘from’ the agency itself, where they are providing the OBC outside of the Cruiseline and they need to ‘purchase’ it, will not show up till you board. 

When Princess is advertising extra OBC like for shore excursions in the past , this will show up immediately upon booking. 

1 hour ago, dog said:

OBC I received from 3 day sale is available to use NOW for excursions. Did it.

Thank you! I just checked App and saw our OBC! 😀😀

1 hour ago, dog said:

OBC I received from 3 day sale is available to use NOW for excursions. Did it.

• Like 1