Canada New England 7 day Holland America

Posted (edited)

Check to see if your cruise has a Roll Call started, that is another good place to find tour recommendations. We are on the August 20th Volendam cruise from Boston.

Here is a link from a live thread from a CC member who just got off the 7 day Volendam cruise.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Check to see if your cruise has a Roll Call started, that is another good place to find tour recommendations. We are on the August 20th Volendam cruise from Boston.

Here is a link from a live thread from a CC member who just got off the 7 day Volendam cruise.

Thanks !! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheilatravel said:

Hi,

Just booked a HA 7 day Canada & New England.  Looking for advise on ports and HA excursions 

Thanks 

Sheila 

If you list your ports you may get more ideas here.  There are sometimes slight variations in itinerary for those cruises.  The Canada/New England cruises are great!

• Like 1

Not sure if your ports either, but a quick answer, keeping in mind we don’t do tours: Sydney - rent a car and drive the Cabot Trail. There isn’t really much to see in the town itself. Halifax is walkable from the pier. Can walk to the Citadel, Maritime museum (near the port). We even walked to the cemetery where many Titanic victims are buried. About 45 minute walk I think.

PEI also has a lot to see at the port as you dock right in town. Next time we go there, we will rent a car or bicycles though. A lovely small island for a drive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sheilatravel said:

Hi,

Just booked a HA 7 day Canada & New England.  Looking for advise on ports and HA excursions 

Thanks 

Sheila 

date,ship

I was on this itinerary in May. In Bar Harbor I walked around town on my own. My friend stayed on the ship and had a spa day. In Halifax we walked to the Citadel and back to the boardwalk. Spent a couple of hours at the Maritime Museum and had a delicious lunch at Sea Smoke on the Boardwalk. In Sydney we took the 7 hour bus tour of Cape Breton and Cabot Trail. It was very interesting but long; our guide was knowledgeable and there were numerous stops. We chose this after our previously booked tour to Baddeck was canceled. In Charlottetown we chose a walking tour of churches but it was full of other information. It was a beautiful day for our tour, too. Had a delicious lunch afterwards at Gahan brewpub. In Quebec City we walked around and did spend some time in the Ursuline Museum; interesting about educating girls as well as the nuns. Our cruise ended in Montreal where we spent two more days and enjoyed both the old town and the rest of the city. Highlight for me was a foodie walking tour in the international section of the city around Jean-Talon farmers market.

Enjoy your cruise! We did!

If you stop in Halifax, take a ride out to Peggy's Cove. It's a beautiful location to spend a few hours and a nice ride. There is an excellent walkway along the harbor once you get out of the cruise terminal.

If you stop in Charlottetown, PEI, about 2-3 blocks from the cruise terminal. It's a little mom and pop restaurant on a corner that has fresh, fresh mussels. They were excellent.