Arrival Appointment

So somehow I lost track of when this opened up and I ended up getting a 12:30 arrival time which is later than I would have liked.   If I arrive earlier is it possible to get on the ship or are they going to make us wait until 12:30?  

Also, any issue checking our luggage at that time or does it make sense to carry on at that point?

You did not say what port.In Galveston there is an "on time" line and a "before or after your assigned time" line. They allow you to get in line and enter the terminal, but the "on time" line is a lot shorter, Once you get in the terminal you have to wait till your assigned boarding zone is called. So you may get into the terminal at 11am, but there will be a delay to get on the ship. 

No issue to check your bags. 

8 minutes ago, Bevv said:

You did not say what port.In Galveston there is an "on time" line and a "before or after your assigned time" line. They allow you to get in line and enter the terminal, but the "on time" line is a lot shorter, Once you get in the terminal you have to wait till your assigned boarding zone is called. So you may get into the terminal at 11am, but there will be a delay to get on the ship. 

No issue to check your bags. 

It is Port Canaveral.   Does it make sense to show up like 45 min early so we can park and check our bags and stuff?

1 minute ago, bled01 said:

It is Port Canaveral.   Does it make sense to show up like 45 min early so we can park and check our bags and stuff?

Yes, the parking and checking bags are outside of the checkin area. They consider the arrival time as the time you get to the front of the line outside the terminal. We get to the port about 30 minutes before our arrival time.  Then we drop off our bags, park the car and walk to the terminal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our most recent cruises have been out of New Orleans and Mobile- neither were concerned with the check-in times. They called those with priority to the front of the line. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Purvis1231 said:

Our most recent cruises have been out of New Orleans and Mobile- neither were concerned with the check-in times. They called those with priority to the front of the line. 

The OP didn't indicate that they were Priority.

Port Canaveral for Mardi Gras has lines outside the terminal with signs for various arrival times.  I would assume you would enter your line and they will sent you on if possible into the terminal. 

• Like 2

On 6/16/2024 at 8:15 AM, jsglow said:

The OP didn't indicate that they were Priority.

I understand he original poster didn't mention priority status. My point was the in my experience the staff were not concerned about check-in times. (but they were looking for those with priority status. 

• Like 1

They have signs stating where to line up at. Those lines have been very long at Port Canaveral for Mardi Gras. I think lots of people think if they arrive early that they will be able to get on. 

• Like 2

Haven’t cruised in 9 years and it seems as though

nothings change…at least from what I’ve read…getting on and off the ship is the worst part of a cruise. I’ve told my family that we’ve got to be chill and go with the flow. We get on when we get on and we get off when we get off. I’m not starting my cruise getting stressed over something I can’t control and my last memory of my cruise isn’t going to be me being upset over lines to exit. 
Yeah right…we’ll see! LOL🤣

7 hours ago, mousey said:

Haven’t cruised in 9 years and it seems as though

nothings change…at least from what I’ve read…getting on and off the ship is the worst part of a cruise. I’ve told my family that we’ve got to be chill and go with the flow. We get on when we get on and we get off when we get off. I’m not starting my cruise getting stressed over something I can’t control and my last memory of my cruise isn’t going to be me being upset over lines to exit. 
Yeah right…we’ll see! LOL🤣

Great attitude to have as where all on vacation lets just have a Good Time