Princess Dining Options

30 minutes ago, Wanderers2 said:

Found this on another site

Queried through insta why the MDR bookings are not available on the App yet as they advised they would be on 17 June and received this response.

” We apologize for the delay in opening main dining reservations. July 1 is the new date to book reservations for guests sailing Sept 1 and beyond. Thank you for your understanding and patience. Stay tuned for further updates!"

Would have been great if princess had passed on this information.

Where was the site?

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Yes, it would be as simple as changing the app to read available from July 1 instead of saying no bookings available. The lack of info is annoying, but specialty restaurants are available for booking, and anyone cruising within the next 75 days can book their tables under the existing system.

I’m guessing there will be an update to the app when it becomes active 🤔

• Like 1

This brings to mind the old Paul Hogan skits featuring Luigi the Incredible. As things were going wrong with his magic tricks he would be singing out to his lovely assistant; "Keepa dancin' Maria."

The easiest way to keep the punters happy when things go wrong is to tell them that there is a problem.

A travelling companion spent half an hour on the phone yesterday trying to organize a table for 8 on a December cruise on Grand Princess. Lots of thank you's, congratulations, up selling of excursions and specialty dining but zip for the MDR booking.

Welcome to the mushroom farm.

27 minutes ago, Wanderers2 said:

My husband just received an email from Princess confirming dining reservations from July 1st. 

Good luck, our dining reservations were all confirmed until we boarded and then they weren’t. Lol. Sorted it out,  we didn’t starve.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Wanderers2 said:

My husband just received an email from Princess confirming dining reservations from July 1st. 

yes - just got the same e-mail

it doesn't mention anything about if you have to have paid for the cruise in full before you are able to make dining reservations though.... I guess we'll have to wait until July 2nd and find out?

1 hour ago, martin jenkins said:

sure you can book speciality restaurants, they want your money upfront.

To be expected, as there is going to be no change to the way they are booked. Unlike the MDR's, specialty restaurants aren't being split into separate fixed/anytime/walk-up restaurants. Like the MDR's though, you still have the option to book a specialty restaurant after boarding and not paying a cent until you receive your folio on the last night.

I am a bit annoyed that my upcoming reservations disappeared after I had spent 5 minutes making them after we booked, but I really don't get the FOMO of having to wait till 75 days out to book something, especially considering half the passengers are not going to be bothered to book anything until after boarding. When the time comes, I will find 5 minutes to do my bookings again.

• Like 2

I have not had a message yet  and I wrote to Princess asking why they had messaged me 4 weeks ago that I could book them  and them of course I could not