Dining reservations

negn

I think? I reserved my dining?  However when all done it did say all set.  I thought maybe I would get a confirmation email.  Is there any way to check my dining?   I cruise in January.  I tried going on the website but am clueless where to look for verification on either the website or the app.  I chose 5 simply because it seemed like that would be fixed dining but I have to say it seemed as if there were other options. Allegro dining room on the Majestic. Any thoughts?

11 minutes ago, bunzini said:

I think? I reserved my dining?  However when all done it did say all set.  I thought maybe I would get a confirmation email.  Is there any way to check my dining?   I cruise in January.  I tried going on the website but am clueless where to look for verification on either the website or the app.  I chose 5 simply because it seemed like that would be fixed dining but I have to say it seemed as if there were other options. Allegro dining room on the Majestic. Any thoughts?

You won't get an email. If you go back to your Reserve Dining page with all the restaurants listed,  in the top right corner is a little calender with a red heart. If you click on it it will show your dining reservations. You might still sometimes get an error but perseverse and it should come up eventually.

Edited by lorri111
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

You won't get an email. If you go back to your Reserve Dining page with all the restaurants listed,  in the top right corner is a little calender with a red heart. If you click on it it will show your dining reservations. You might still sometimes get an error but perseverse and it should come up eventually.

Thanks so much!  Yes, I can see it now.  This is what I love about cruise critic!  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 2jeffs2 said:

Bunzini, you should be able to see your reservations by tapping "Book Dining" and then in the top right you should see a calendar icon with a heart in it. Tap that and you should see your reservations.

Learn something new every day! I didn't know about this. You can also see your reservations by tapping Journey in the bottom row of icons. That's what I've been doing.

1 minute ago, Sea Hag said:

Learn something new every day! I didn't know about this. You can also see your reservations by tapping Journey in the bottom row of icons. That's what I've been doing.

When I click on the heart I get a message "Can't load the content" !!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wanderers2 said:

I got that on the Journey thing for a while after I booked. It seems to take a bit for it to figure things out. Wait a bit and try again.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Wanderers2 said:

Be patient, it should appear, keep clicking like crazy. Soon all our American friends will be retiring for the night and it will be our time to get more bandwidth! I had to do it at 3am here in Perth, after checking constantly in the lead up.

Edited by lorri111

4 hours ago, phabric said:

For cruise Sept 26, 2024, Elite, paid in full

I have tried - 

the app - no content found or put in date/time then found no reservations 

the website - add guests - I added their booking # - then goes blank

What am I doing wrong?

I was finally after trying all day on app and website to be able to book my dining finally  on the app for Sept 26, 2024. I could not get a time 5:20, I wanted so I took  traditional for 5, I was not able to click “same table and time each day” so had book same time each day for 17 days,

For Nov 2025 and Aug 2026, I was able to book 5:30 “same table and time each day” for each cruise.

Edited by phabric

I have not read all of today’s posts so my apologies if this is redundant.

On Royal Princess in April 2025, Traditional Dining is in Concerto (6 midship) at 1700 & 1920 and Any Time Dining (reservation slots every 20 minutes beginning at 1700) is in Allegro (6 aft). Thus Symphony (5 midship) would be the MDR to walk-up to be seated.

I don’t know if this applies fleetwide but do know that on Crown the deck 6 aft dining room (Botticelli) is also ATD.

Edited by Astro Flyer

4 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I have not read all of today’s posts so my apologies if this is redundant.

On Royal Princess in April 2025, Traditional Dining is in Concerto (6 midship) at 1700 & 1920 and Any Time Dining (reservation slots every 20 minutes beginning at 1700) is in Allegro (6 aft). Thus Symphony (5 midship) would be the MDR to walk-up to be seated.

I don’t know if this applies fleetwide but do know that on Crown the deck 6 aft dining room (Botticelli) is also ATD.

It is a good idea for us to try to compile the info regarding MDRs. ' I can add that on Crown Botticelli seems to be Reserved Dining and Michelango Traditional. On Diamond Savoy is Reserved.

• Like 2

Finally got my 14 day on the Sapphire in February 2025.

It was painful and as a retired IT developer, I just started guessing what the developers did and didn't do.

So I have some tips:

1) Try and figure out which dining room on your ship has the type of dining you are looking for. I wanted to make nightly reservations. For the Sapphire, I finally figured out the dining rooms (that I am aware of) for this are Savoy and Vilvadi. (Sapphire has 5 dining rooms.) Maybe ask on this thread if someone has been successful for your ship if you can't figure it out?

2) In the case of the Sapphire, sometimes I just couldn't get a reservation to 'take'. Then I switched to the other dining room.

3) When it presents you with the box, "Select Seating Type", if Private is greyed out and won't take your click....I finally figured out that this means even though they showed you the time to pick, there really isn't that time available for a Private table. Try another time. (It would have been more logical to put the seating type before the times....but...y'now...

4) For many of my reservations, I got both a "You're All Set! Your reservation has been done!" box AND an "Error-Internal Server" box. In those cases, I did indeed get the reservation made.

It does seem that the server is being maxed out, so if you don't have specific times you want, you might want to wait a few days and hopefully 'some' of these issues might get better. Though it still seems 'wonkier' than it needs to be.

🧐

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Wolf1314 said:

Anyone had luck to be able to book traditional dining for a big group?

How big a group?

Tables usually up to 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10

You will need all of their booking numbers to book together.

If a very big group maybe your agent can make arrangements with Princess.

I was on a cruise with 50 from dance group.  They had a whole section in  traditional, when the doors open they just walked in.

On another cruise, there was a huge West Point reunion group.  They had a sign at the entrance of traditional for them to line up.  They had a whole section for themselves.

Edited by phabric

Just now, phabric said:

How big a group?

Tables usually up to 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10

You will need all of their booking numbers to book together.

If a very big group maybe your agent can make arrangements with Princess.

I was on a cruise with 50 from dance group.  They had a whole section in  traditional, when the doors open they just walked in.

On another cruise, there was a huge West Point reunion group.  They had a sign at the entrance of traditional for them to line up.  They had a whole section for themselves.

Our group have 12 people in total, guess I need to contact my agent to make arrangement, thank you!

Just as a side note even if you get the error on the last step does not mean it did not book. I did this earlier today and just keep rebooking when I got error. I just checked and I have multiple reservations on several days. I have tried canceling the extra and get the error message about every other one. I will try again tomorrow to cancel all the extras. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The trick is persistence, trying different ways in (sometimes easier to go in via date and time, and others via actual dining room and keep on clicking. We lost count of the variety of errors. It even said at one point we couldn't book dining because we weren't Platinum - we are and the error disappeared. We were doing ours at 3am this morning to book 3 cruises, I was working on one cruise alternating between the website on my desktop and the app on my phone, and my husband on his phone for the other cruises. Some were booked one way, some another.

Edited by lorri111

2 minutes ago, Wolf1314 said:

Our group have 12 people in total, guess I need to contact my agent to make arrangement, thank you!

You might have to have a couple of tables near each other.  

I had a group of 16 on Celebrity.  We had 2 tables of 8 close to each other.  Each night we switched around between the 2 tables.

We have an upcoming Diamond Princess cruise so I have been in to have a look at the options.

International Dining RoomDeck 6 aft - Fixed dining with 5.20 pm & 7.50 pm options.

Savoy & Vivaldi Dining RoomsDeck 5 Mid ships - Booked Anytime dining with times every 20 minutes from 5 pm to 8.20 pm.

Pacific Moon & Santa Fe Dining Rooms - Deck 6 Mid shipsDon't show as bookable for me so I guess they are the Reserve Collection/Club Class & Walk-in dining rooms.

I am getting error messages when I try to book so will leave it for a day or 2.

We also have a Discovery Princess cruise booked so I will check it out & report back.

Edited by Wanderers2
  • Thanks 3