Dining reservations

negn

43 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

I am Platinum and have not been able to get any reservations made

37 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

This did not work either

Their IT department is a joke.  It's so frustrating.  Some have been able to make reservations into 2026, others without status have been able to do it as well and platinum members like yourself are shut out.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

We sail Aug 2025 and we’re seeing the same (lack of) results. 

We cannot book MDR but as for specialty restaurants, those you can make.  Amazing isn’t it ?

Since you are not cruising until August 2025, I would try in September of 2024 for dinner reservations and see if they open up at that time. There really doesn’t seem to be a consensus on when or how passengers are booking. Each ship is different for late 2025 and early 2026 ,some passengers have said they’ve been able to book their dinner reservations & some like you not able.

So frustrating .

I have a thread: ship by ship new dining,it has quite a bit of the information needed as live as what passengers are posting.

Edited by arizonaperson

9 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Frustrating, yes.  But some non platinum/elites that haven't paid in full have been able to make reservations when they really shouldn't.  Don't know if it's a glitch in the system or they're able to do it via the web version on their PC.

Anyone’s guess at this point.

Maybe the rules have changed? and Princess still has old rules posted?

Maybe “ one” does not  need to be paid in full? Maybe you don’t need to be platinum or elite? Maybe your ship isn’t ready for you to make reservations,because it’s too far in the future?

I have just posted what CC members are posting from their experience.

It doesn’t make sense!?? to me,but…..

Here are a couple of things people may want to try.  They worked for me but I don’t know if it’s just a coincidence.  Background…I’m elite and cruising the Ruby Princess in October.  I was getting an error of no times available until I did the following:

1. Make sure you are fully checked in.  I did not have my CC info in or my medallions ordered.  Once I did that times became available. 🤷‍♀️

2.  Don’t choose a time first.  Click on the individual dining room, find the one that has the dining method you want (TD or Res) then choose a time within that dining room.

As I said, I don’t know if doing this was a coincidence but if someone who is having trouble trys it and it works well we may be on to something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Anyone’s guess at this point.

Maybe the rules have changed? and Princess still has old rules posted?

Maybe “ one” does not  need to be paid in full? Maybe you don’t need to be platinum or elite? Maybe your ship isn’t ready for you to make reservations,because it’s too far in the future?

I have just posted what CC members are posting from their experience.

It doesn’t make sense!?? to me,but…..

I have a reservation on the Enchanted for April.  The app says I can't make reservations unless I'm platinum, elite or paid in full. Yet others without Platinum status have reported they have reservations already.  There have been elites making reservations into 2026.

@Retired-N-Happy so you say you were able to make dinner reservations for April 2025 for Enchanted., nice!

Do you show what I have listed? Or any other information to add. Thanks .

Enchanted Princess

Amalfi dining room -reservable every 20 minutes from 5 pm-8:20pm

Santorini-Traditional 5 pm ( shared & private tables) & 7:30 pm( private table,no shared)

Capri- walk in

51 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

I’m elite and cruising the Ruby Princess in October.  

1. Make sure you are fully checked in.  I did not have my CC info in or my medallions ordered.  Once I did that times became available. 🤷‍♀️

I just fully checked in for our April Enchanted cruise and ordered medallions yet still couldn't get reservations.  Guess I'll have to pay it off early.  I like to have things locked in.  We like 540 with a private table for two that is scooter accessible.

9 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@t&atravel Great advice on how you were able to get reservations.

question- are you traveling October 2024 or 2025 where you were able to secure dinner reservations?

I’m traveling in 2024 and made reservations in Botticelli at 7:20, private table for 2 (not the TD room).  Ruby Princess.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@Retired-N-Happy so you say you were able to make dinner reservations for April 2025 for Enchanted., nice!

No, I even fully checked in and ordered medallions yet I got the "you can't make reservations unless you're fully paid, elite or platinum.

Edited by Retired-N-Happy

Posted (edited)

We have made reservations for next Spring.  On Enchanted.   (Platinum, if that matters)

However, we did not pull up, and try to make, dining reservations for our next cruise early enough.   And, of course, wish we could get earlier times.

I wonder if there are any recent cruisers, including on the SUN, that have been able to change to earlier times when first boarding the ship?   I really do not know what the odds might be.

Edited by Wishing on a star

@t&atravel Great advice on how you were able to get reservations.

question- are you traveling October 2024 or 2025 where you were able to secure dinner reservations?

Thanks.great,exactly the information I had listed on the ship by ship new dining thread.

3 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

No, I even fully checked in and ordered medallions yet I got the "you can't make reservations unless you're fully paid, elite or platinum.

Sorry, I misunderstood when you said you had a reservation.

You meant a booking for the ship/ voyage -not reservations for dinner.

I feel for you & your frustration on securing dinner reservations.

Does not seem to be consistent. Have you enlisted the help of your travel agent, if you have one ? I  don’t remember if you previously indicated that or not.

@DUTRAVEL

this is what I show for reservations. Does this match up with what you have been able to book? Thanks.

Ruby Princess-2024 & maybe 2025?

Michelangelo is traditional at 5 PM ( shared or private table)and 7:20 pm (private table only)

Botticelli- reservable,every 20 minute time slots- able to get private table (7:20 pm)

3 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Could you elaborate on what you were able to book? What dining room and were you able to get a share table for a private table ? and what were your choices?
Did you book traditional? Reservable every 20 minute reservation?Just trying to keep a list of what everybody is booking ship by ship ,so “ one” can just look at the list and be able to make a decision. Thanks.
Here is the information that I have for the Crown Princess.

Crown Princess

Botticelli  is reservable every 20 minute reservations 

Michelangelo is traditional 5 pm & 7:30pm

DA Vinci- walk in

It’s nice of you to want to organize this craziness into a coherent list. Here’s my contribution, for what it’s worth. This is only my second cruise on Princess, so clearly my ‘status’ is lowly enough that it would not garner me any special perks in terms of where or when I could reserve dining times. We did make full payment on our Enchanted cruise, which goes out the last week of this August, at the end of May and that’s when I downloaded the app, albeit with hesitation as the comments on this board were – and continue to be—pretty scathing towards its effectiveness. That said, I was able to make all my dinner reservations for the entire cruise. We wanted to book in the Capri, as that was most convenient to where our cabin is, and I was able to do that without any problem and that was long before that July 1 date that everyone was talking about. I’ve gone back in a number of times since then – especially after reading many of the posts here about lost reservations – but they are still there, exactly as I made them. For the Capri, it was reservations in 20 minute increments. But I just checked the app again, and it was the exact same thing for the other two dining rooms— so I’m not sure which of the 3 are supposed to be traditional or anytime, because they all seem to be set up the same way— 20 minute increments. At least as of when I booked, and again today. The app also allows you to check off where you want to sit (by the entrance, by the window, etc.), how fast or slow you want to be served— stuff like that. Whether any of that will be honored, is anybody’s guess. What it didn’t allow me to do was choose ‘shared table’. I’m traveling with my BFF and we like the idea of getting to meet new people and not just sitting with each other every night. But that was not an option. You could see a ‘share table’ button there, but pressing it didn’t do anything. The only thing that would submit was ‘private table’. So that’s what I did, although we’re hoping that maybe that can be changed once we get on board. It just seems it was a whole lot easier on my first Princess cruise. On embarkation day, you went to the dining room where you wanted to eat, and gave the Maître D’ your choices for the entire cruise, he wrote them down, and it was all taken care of. And yes, I know this last comment definitely gave away my age…😀

Anyway, I’m glad to add my experience to everyone else’s on this thread for whatever help it might provide.

10 minutes ago, DUTRAVEL said:

We don’t have status and haven’t paid in full, but were able to make reservations on the Ruby for April 2025. 

Thanks for throwing salt in an open wound.  We're the same, but couldn't make them for April 2025 on the Enchanted.  This nonsense is either a ship by ship basis or a glitch in the system.  It should be the same policy across every ship in the fleet.  I can see if things are different for some reason on the Sun, but the rest of the fleet should be streamlined.

@arizonaperson Hi we  booked a cruise on the Saphire Princess. When I go to different dining rooms 2 of them show up with reservation times every 20 minutes. The remaining dining rooms you cannot reserve. Can't find which dinning room is for traditional as they do not for any of them offer an early and late time reservation option. Do you know which dining room is for traditional on the Saphire?

37 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@DUTRAVEL

this is what I show for reservations. Does this match up with what you have been able to book? Thanks.

Ruby Princess-2024 & maybe 2025?

Michelangelo is traditional at 5 PM ( shared or private table)and 7:20 pm (private table only)

Botticelli- reservable,every 20 minute time slots- able to get private table (7:20 pm)

Yes Michelangelo is 5:00 and 7:20 (I don’t know about private vs shared). Botticelli we have a private table for five people every night at 6:00pm. 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, LouCoop said:

@arizonaperson Hi we  booked a cruise on the Saphire Princess. When I go to different dining rooms 2 of them show up with reservation times every 20 minutes. The remaining dining rooms you cannot reserve. Can't find which dinning room is for traditional as they do not for any of them offer an early and late time reservation option. Do you know which dining room is for traditional on the Saphire?

I believe it will be similar to the Diamond Princess and I believe the international dining room will be the traditional one and it’s located deck six aft.

The only confirmation that I got for the Sapphire Princess from a CC member was Vivaldi and Savoy-They are the reservable,every 20 minute  time slot restaurants.

I am posting as I receive information on the new dining ship by ship thread ( different than this thread) as I receive from members.

what year & month is your cruise? It may be too early to book dinner reservations & that is why I don’t have very much information for this ship.??

Edited by arizonaperson

2 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

I believe it will be similar to the Diamond Princess and I believe the international dining room will be the traditional one and it’s located deck six aft.

The only confirmation that I got for the Sapphire Princess from a CC member was Vivaldi and Savoy-They are the reservable,every 20 minute  time slot restaurants.

I am posting as I receive information on the new dining ship by ship thread ( different then this thread) as I receive from members.

Thank-you for now it is not showing any times available for the international, will keep looking. Thanks for all your help @arizonaperson it is much appreciated.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DUTRAVEL said:

Yes Michelangelo is 5:00 and 7:20 (I don’t know about private vs shared). Botticelli we have a private table for five people every night at 6:00pm. 

Thanks for your information. The information that I already have listed is what other cruise critic members have posted that they were able to do .

Glad you were able to get a private table for your group at 6 PM in Boticelli.

Posted (edited)

@MsK64 if I understand your post correctly, your cruise on Enchanted Princess is at the end of August 2024. Did I get that correct?
If so, new dining should not have affected your voyage. Your reservations should be exactly how you booked them and I say that loosely.

These new dining reservations that opened on July 1 , 2024 were for cruises/voyages that start September 14 or 15th of 2024 . And the new dining reservations did not affect the Sun Princess voyages.(just for information purposes only,not that you’re on that particular ship.)

Edited by arizonaperson

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, LouCoop said:

@LouCoopSo what two dining rooms show up for you on the Sapphire Princess every 20 minute time slots? Just trying to update my list.
I know you are waiting for reservations in traditional to open up.

Thanks.

Edited by arizonaperson

4 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@LouCoopSo what two dining rooms show up for you on the Sapphire Princess every 20 minute time slots? Just trying to update my list.
I know you are waiting for reservations in traditional to open up.

Thanks.

Vivaldi and Savoy