On Eclipse...no Decoy in premium

15 minutes ago, canderson said:

Picture is a little fuzzy, but looks like a 2019 Jordan.  Am curious to know what Kroger normally gets for a bottle.  How often do these 25% sales occur?  We have King Soopers here (Kroger) but hadn't looked at what they're offering.  Wine in grocery stores is a relatively new thing here.

Our 25 percent sale starts today for a week, if bottle is selling for 20 during sale it will be 15 , here sale is about once a month . I bought that Jordan at total wine . Some krogers have better selections than others , my favorite go to red wine is berringer knights Valley , my local store doesn’t have it so I will drive a little farther to buy that . 

26 minutes ago, George C said:

I bought that Jordan at total wine . Some krogers have better selections than others , my favorite go to red wine ...

Ah, sorry.  Didn't read your post properly.  Think I'd be surprised to find Jordan at Kroger.

29 minutes ago, canderson said:

Ah, sorry.  Didn't read your post properly.  Think I'd be surprised to find Jordan at Kroger.

They do have some high end wines but very few , I know they had Stags Leap Artemis , the one a few miles away has a larger selection, need to buy 6 or more for the discount. 

22 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I drink Tito’s “wine” sometimes myself. 🙂  Oops, that’s Smirnoff. 

My favorite in that picture is Martel cognac I normally buy two large bottles since it seems to evaporate in my house.

On 6/17/2024 at 9:25 AM, leaveitallbehind said:

That might be a bit too premium....LOL

The duckhorn sells for over $100/bottle. I saw 2 very elderly ladies recently on the Ascent finish the entire bottle with their dinner.  Hope I can do it at that age.  😆 🍷🍷

• Like 1

On 6/17/2024 at 7:42 AM, RealDeal said:

I thought this was resolved a few months ago. On Eclipse and have been told at several venues that you can only get Decoy in Luminae or if you buy a bottle. Did I miss this news flash? 

Thats crazy. They had it on the Ascent in April by the glass. If on the Premium package and they ran out I would ask for a more expensive wine. 

This title needs to be revised as pages back he said he saw the Food and Beverage manager who rectified the situation. All this other stuff is totally irrelevant to the situation in the title So, Decoy IS covered on Eclipse.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just got back from Kroger Decoy Cabernet was under 15, I wanted better bought Silverado cab for 34.48 and my favorite Beringer Nights Valley for 21.73 , unfortunately they only had 3 will go back later this week and pick up 6 or12 more.

44 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

The duckhorn sells for over $100/bottle. I saw 2 very elderly ladies recently on the Ascent finish the entire bottle with their dinner.  Hope I can do it at that age.  😆 🍷🍷

DH and I were cycling for 2 weeks around the Bay Area in California a few years ago. The day we were in Napa area, it rained. We cycled past Duckhorn Vineyards 🦆 and I said, hey let’s get out of this rain and do a wine tasting! (Also code for, I need a clean bathroom). So we locked the bikes and went in. $35/person to do a tasting plus another $35 each if we wanted a snack nibbler plate. Ach! No thanks… may I use your toilet please? And sadly, I’ll need to stick to cruise ships for my Duckhorn, Decoy, amd Paraduxx wine drinking! But it’s a fun memory!

IMG_2062.jpeg

IMG_2061.jpeg

IMG_2065.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kluv2cruz said:

DH and I were cycling for 2 weeks around the Bay Area in California a few years ago. The day we were in Napa area, it rained. We cycled past Duckhorn Vineyards 🦆 and I said, hey let’s get out of this rain and do a wine tasting! (Also code for, I need a clean bathroom). So we locked the bikes and went in. $35/person to do a tasting plus another $35 each if we wanted a snack nibbler plate. Ach! No thanks… may I use your toilet please? And sadly, I’ll need to stick to cruise ships for my Duckhorn, Decoy, amd Paraduxx wine drinking! But it’s a fun memory!

If you were in Napa, you need to be riding the $10,000 bicycles to get the free tasting at Duckhorn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

If you were in Napa, you need to be riding the $10,000 bicycles to get the free tasting at Duckhorn.

Ah, foggy memory! We took the ‘Vine” bus from Richmond to Calistoga, then rode in the rain to Duckhorn. Eventually got to Napa where friends picked us up for a night’s rest!

IMG_2056.jpeg

IMG_2067.jpeg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, 39august said:

This title needs to be revised as pages back he said he saw the Food and Beverage manager who rectified the situation. All this other stuff is totally irrelevant to the situation in the title So, Decoy IS covered on Eclipse.

SHE may disagree

But I do agree, enough said about the cheap wine offerings on board!

Cheers

10 minutes ago, highway180 said:

SHE may disagree

But I do agree, enough said about the cheap wine offerings on board!

Cheers

If there were expensive wine offerings we wouldn’t have this thread.  If you are tired of reading just unsubscribe.  I think discussing wine onboard is very relevant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

If there were expensive wine offerings we wouldn’t have this thread.  If you are tired of reading just unsubscribe.  I think discussing wine onboard is very relevant.

Yes

There are some very nice expensive wine offerings on board ( Decoy is not one of them)

YOU choose not to buy them

Discussing what one buys at the store,is totally irrelevant. Op, was given bad info on availability on the Eclipse. It has been sorted out.

Not sure why you have to interject if you don't agree with my opinion.

Why not complain about the HH wine offerings??

I'll have a glass of wine

RED or WHITE ?

Red please, what do you have?

RED or WHITE

But i have the premium package???

Thank you , I'll pass

Cheers

Just now, highway180 said:

Yes

There are some very nice expensive wine offerings on board ( Decoy is not one of them)

YOU choose not to buy them

Discussing what one buys at the store,is totally irrelevant. Op, was given bad info on availability on the Eclipse. It has been sorted out.

Not sure why you have to interject if you don't agree with my opinion.

Why not complain about the HH wine offerings??

I'll have a glass of wine

RED or WHITE ?

Red please, what do you have?

RED or WHITE

But i have the premium package???

Thank you , I'll pass

Cheers

You don’t understand why I would offer my opinion?  Well 1) I’m a Celebrity cruiser snd 2) I drink wine.  This thread is here for everyone to share their opinion if they choose to contribute.   If you think it’s no longer useful the Follow button is at the bottom of the page.