My AMEX card had a new offer, spend $500 on Celebrity and get $100 back…

We had the offer on my husband’s and my blue AX cards. We still owed on our Ascent transatlantic so we made a  $500 payment on each card and got a $100 credit on each.  Thanks to whoever posted this.  Saved us $200. Because we booked through a travel agent, Celebrity wouldn’t take our card but our TA was off for the weekend and she told us how to post the payment ourselves.  Great deal.  Thanks again!

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 8:17 PM, oldfashioncruiser said:

I am making my final payment next week.  Thanks for the heads up.,  

Does anyone know if the offer is on Delta’s platinum Amex card?

Has anyone seen it on ANY Delta card? Or any other travel partner card? They generally do not get offers from other travel companies, even though Delta and Celebrity are not competitors.

7 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

Has anyone seen it on ANY Delta card? Or any other travel partner card? They generally do not get offers from other travel companies, even though Delta and Celebrity are not competitors.

Still nothing on my Delta card 😞

But did get my $20 for my Zappos order, so at least "saving" some money.

On 6/18/2024 at 11:00 AM, chadwickx16 said:

FYI...Amex Offers can only list 100 at a time.  If you don't see the offer you have to add other offers to your card and then logout and log back in for a new batch of offers. I had to add 90 other offers to my card before I was able to see the Celebrity one.

Just to get back to this concept. I have 3 cards that I see when I log in to my online acct. I kept putting offers on my card that would have this type of offer on it. After the first 100 I got another 100, after the second 100 I got another hundred, after the third 100 it stopped, this was about a week ago. Then it started dribbling and drabbing 3 or 4 a day. This is for all three of my cards. At this point the added offers are around 20 or so. The card I'm trying to get the offer on shows 309 offers added to card. 

My point is that it doesn't appear to be limitless on adding another 100 each time. Seems like around 300 they throttle you back. FWIW, I do have the Celebrity offer but was looking for an Oceania offer. 

I do have an offer I used on my Hilton card for my Youtube TV- $20 off when you 57.99 or more. Up to 3 times. Just posted today. It always pays to keep track of these things. Since I'm old and retired this is one of my hobbies, but it only takes about 10 minutes a day. Free money is good. 

1 hour ago, ORV said:

FWIW, I do have the Celebrity offer but was looking for an Oceania offer. 

They had an Oceania one about a month ago for the 40th Amex Birthday offers. I sure wish we had an Oceania cruise to book because that’s a lot of points!

IMG_6749.thumb.jpeg.ad2eebd5225fdcf894a99b1f98b6b49c.jpeg

Edited by Cruise Gopher

2 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

They had an Oceania one about a month ago for the 40th Amex Birthday offers. I sure wish we had an Oceania cruise to book because that’s a lot of points!

Yeah, I think that was on the Platinum, I only have the no annual fee Everyday. I've got Celebrity and Oceania offers on it multiple times. 

On 6/29/2024 at 10:11 AM, Cruise Gopher said:

Not sure if you do, but I have an active Oceania offer on my Amex Platinum.  But my cruise is paid in full and I don't think I need to add anything further.

One tip--load a bunch of offers you don't need onto your card...

New ones then show up! 

(no guarantees it will be this one, but it does work--I do it almost daily)

Edited by KKB

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

Not sure if you do, but I have an active Oceania offer on my Amex Platinum.  But my cruise is paid in full and I don't think I need to add anything further.

Can you just buy a ton of refundable OBC then cash it out on the ship? I do that on Royal and Celebrity if I have an Amex offer but have fully paid the cruise itself. 

24 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Can you just buy a ton of refundable OBC then cash it out on the ship? I do that on Royal and Celebrity if I have an Amex offer but have fully paid the cruise itself. 

I just bought $500 refundable OBC on Celebrity and I'll cash out anything I don't use.  I was refunded $100 2 days later.

Even though 10 times points is a good offer, it's not as meaningful to me as an instant partial cash-back refund.