Live - NCL Prima - 06/23-07/04/2024 - Southampton, Belgium, Amsterdam, Norway and Iceland - Is it more beautiful than Alaska?

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Southampton in a king standard harbor facing room.  The staff were very friendly and were often checking in on us especially when we were at the restaurant. 

It was a convenient locations and the rooms were clean. It was an older hotel so some things like the doors in the room seemed worn down. The bed seemed new and was comfortable as we slept well all three nights. We could hear noise and music from the cruise ships when they were in port but it was quiet at night when we slept. 

There was a refrigerator and working safe in the closet. 

IMG_1976.jpeg

IMG_1978.jpeg

IMG_1979.jpeg

IMG_1980.jpeg

IMG_1981.jpeg

IMG_1982.jpeg

IMG_1983.jpeg

IMG_2263.jpeg

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Seas2mountains said:

It’s now 11:20 and we are still waiting. 

Sorry you are still waiting. Not the way you want to start off a cruise.  I saw on another board that disembarkation was very slow today - people missing flights, excursions, etc. Hope you’re on board soon.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Topdog52 said:

Can you walk to the cruise terminal from the hotel?

Yes, we did. If gate 8 is open, it’s a 0.5-0.6 mile walk. If you have to go all around like we did, it’s a one mile walk. We love to walk and our luggage wasn’t too bad to haul on the paved sidewalks. 

Gate 8 was open the past two days as other cruise ships were there. It was closed today as the cargo ship in berth 101 had a lot of cars coming off the ship. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

There was a separate room to hold one of the original copies of the Magna Carta. It was kept in an area shielded from light to protect it and photos were forbidden. 

IMG_2256.jpeg

IMG_2199.jpeg

IMG_2200.jpeg

IMG_2202.jpeg

IMG_2201.jpeg

Seeing the Magna Carta must have given you an awesome feeling for witnessing history. I know that is how I felt in Athens when we were at the Acropolis.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KasaMom said:

Sorry you are still waiting. Not the way you want to start off a cruise.  I saw on another board that disembarkation was very slow today - people missing flights, excursions, etc. Hope you’re on board soon.

Thank you! We know this happens at times and we will be on soon.  I’m sorry to hear how iit impacted the ability of the people disembarking to catch flights and go on excursions.  

7 minutes ago, Seas2mountains said:

Yes, we did. If gate 8 is open, it’s a 0.5-0.6 mile walk. If you have to go all around like we did, it’s a one mile walk. We love to walk and our luggage wasn’t too bad to haul on the paved sidewalks. 

Gate 8 was open the past two days as other cruise ships were there. It was closed today as the cargo ship in berth 101 had a lot of cars coming off the ship. 

Thank You! We will fly in a couple of days early. Is the city walkable, or should we rent a car? We would like to see the sights around the city.

• Like 1

Your port of call in Amsterdam will be hot! We're getting our first week of summer after lots of rain.. Amsterdam will be out and about, full bar and restaurant patios, the canals full with small boats, very vibrant! :classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

People dressed in white at Stonehenge. 

IMG_2153.jpeg

They are pagan ‘Druids’ celebrating the summer solstice.

Catherine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Topdog52 said:

Thank You! We will fly in a couple of days early. Is the city walkable, or should we rent a car? We would like to see the sights around the city.

Yes, it is very walkable with sidewalks. We recommend using traffic signal controlled cross walks when possible especially near busy roads even if it means walking further. 

Drivers didn’t seem to stop for pedestrians at the non traffic controlled cross walks. 

• Like 2

The first drink was Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio at Cagney’s. 

Husband ordered fried wontons, shrimp scampi, and 7 layer chocolate cake. I got Greek salad, salmon, a side of fries, and Banana Banoffee.  Everything was really good but the fries tasted a little different.  

While waiting for lunch, we made three dinner reservations with Cindy, the concierge who has a table in Cagney’s. We also found out when dinner with the officers is scheduled and requested that along with sail and sustain and the behind the scenes tour.  

IMG_2293.jpeg

IMG_2292.jpeg

IMG_2294.jpeg

IMG_2295.jpeg

IMG_2296.jpeg

IMG_2298.jpeg

IMG_2299.jpeg

IMG_2300.jpeg

• Like 5

The next drinks were margarita’s at Vibe Beach Club.  This is our first time trying Vibe and we know we might not get a chance to use it due to the port intensive itinerary and the cold weather.  

My husband is very happy with how few people are in here and the hot tub was so nice being on the side of the ship. The bartenders don’t let you have empty glasses.  

I feel bad for the bartenders who keep having to chase people out who are coming in when someone leaves or after someone enters. One guy even pried the glass doors open to get in and they didn’t break. 

IMG_2321.jpeg

IMG_2320.jpeg

IMG_2303.jpeg

IMG_2304.jpeg

IMG_2305.jpeg

IMG_2306.jpeg

IMG_2307.jpeg

IMG_2308.jpeg

• Like 3

We are doing a @Sthrngary “Haven Lite Strategy” with the suite (not Haven) but it gives us more space and access to Cagney’s for breakfast and lunch.  We will probably eat most or all breakfasts there but will try different options for lunch. 

The Vibe Beach pass gives us the hot tubs and a non crowded space for sail away and time outside.  We got thermal spa passes, too. We are feeling spoiled after being in a club balcony with our granddaughter earlier this month. Our cruise after this one will be in a balcony.  

We booked category SJ which are family suite with master bedroom and balcony. These are the ones with the slides blocking some views from the balcony but the balcony is slightly bigger. We will find out soon if there is a lot of noise from the slides and if there is noise when we move due to wind. There is a sliding glass door in the bedroom and one in the other room. 

Here are photos of the suite. 

IMG_2322.jpeg

IMG_2323.jpeg

IMG_2328.jpeg

IMG_2329.jpeg

IMG_2330.jpeg

IMG_2332.jpeg

IMG_2335.jpeg

IMG_2336.jpeg

IMG_2337.jpeg

IMG_2339.jpeg

IMG_2340.jpeg

IMG_2341.jpeg

IMG_2342.jpeg

IMG_2343.jpeg

IMG_2344.jpeg

IMG_2345.jpeg

IMG_2348.jpeg

IMG_2349.jpeg

IMG_2350.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Some cabins on floors 2,12 and 13 were ready before 2pm and all others were ready by about 2pm. 

My husband walked down the hall and found our luggage right after cabins were ready  

Sailaway was scheduled at 5pm but is delayed until 5:45pm according to the captain due to marine traffic.

• Like 2

My husband and I are each in our own Studio Stateroom. Even with the 1 hour delay, we were on board around noon and eating by 1 pm.

The Studios were done around 2 and our luggage arrived by 3.

We're enjoying it and are ahead of my itinerary schedule. 

The ship's departure is delayed a bit, I think. 

• Like 6

I’m definitely interested to hear your thoughts on the ship. My longtime bestie and I are sailing Greece/Italy on Prima late fall and have booked this same type suite a little higher up and port side. 

We were originally going to go club balcony deck 9 port side aft but after multiple price drops the suite ended up cheaper than our original booked price. 🤪

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Dinner was at Onda. It was nice enough outside to sit outside on deck 8.  
We had yellow tail credo and Burrata for apps with Sciatiellia and Filet for entees. 

We were too full to have dessert. The bread is amazing as always!!!

Food and service were excellent!!!

IMG_2364.jpeg

IMG_2365.jpeg

IMG_2366.jpeg

IMG_2368.jpeg

IMG_2369.jpeg

IMG_2370.jpeg

IMG_2371.jpeg

Edited by Seas2mountains
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

We are doing a @Sthrngary “Haven Lite Strategy” with the suite (not Haven) but it gives us more space and access to Cagney’s for breakfast and lunch.  We will probably eat most or all breakfasts there but will try different options for lunch. 

The Vibe Beach pass gives us the hot tubs and a non crowded space for sail away and time outside.  We got thermal spa passes, too. We are feeling spoiled after being in a club balcony with our granddaughter earlier this month. Our cruise after this one will be in a balcony.  

We booked category SJ which are family suite with master bedroom and balcony. These are the ones with the slides blocking some views from the balcony but the balcony is slightly bigger. We will find out soon if there is a lot of noise from the slides and if there is noise when we move due to wind. There is a sliding glass door in the bedroom and one in the other room. 

Here are photos of the suite. 

IMG_2322.jpeg

IMG_2323.jpeg

IMG_2328.jpeg

IMG_2329.jpeg

IMG_2330.jpeg

IMG_2332.jpeg

IMG_2335.jpeg

IMG_2336.jpeg

IMG_2337.jpeg

IMG_2339.jpeg

IMG_2340.jpeg