Upgrade offers

Hey All,

We just rejected an upgrade offer - way too much money to move from an inside to an ocean view on deck 1 - that was offered for our cruise in September. Question is this; has anyone been offered another or different upgrade once you reject one? Just curious.

J.

1 hour ago, Luv2Cruze4 said:

Hey All,

We just rejected an upgrade offer - way too much money to move from an inside to an ocean view on deck 1 - that was offered for our cruise in September. Question is this; has anyone been offered another or different upgrade once you reject one? Just curious.

J.

Upsell offers are sent only based on the need of the sailing to move slower moving categories, to resell your current room etc.  If they don't get enough takers and they still have a need, they will send out another offer.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Upsell offers are sent only based on the need of the sailing to move slower moving categories, to resell your current room etc.  If they don't get enough takers and they still have a need, they will send out another offer.   

Yeah, I know that part. And we have accepted them in the past. I just wondered if there was a protocol that if you declined once you wouldn't be asked again. Regardless of available cabins left.

We've received two offers about a week apart.  Did not like either one, so I just let them go.  They must really want our square inside cabin on the 14th deck right in the middle on the Celebration.  We are so keeping it!!  (unless a good suite offer comes in😁)

2 hours ago, Luv2Cruze4 said:

Hey All,

J.

For my Panorama cruise last October, when they sent the offer, I ignored it and got other ones for the same category but different cabin numbers. I then declined the next offer and stopped receiving them at that point. 

2 hours ago, Luv2Cruze4 said:

Hey All,

J.

Yes, I have. Received an offer to move from a Cove to deck 15 on the Celebration. I declined because it was too much money. 2 weeks later I received an offer for the same move for $64. I took that one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RockinRobin said:

We've received two offers about a week apart.  Did not like either one, so I just let them go.  They must really want our square inside cabin on the 14th deck right in the middle on the Celebration.  We are so keeping it!!  (unless a good suite offer comes in😁)

Same! we like the location on 8 for our inside. It's going to need to be a good offer to give it up - and not on floor 1! 😛

1 hour ago, RockinRobin said:

We were booked in one of those on the Jubilee and Carnival didn't even offer us an upgrade, they just took it away from us and sent us an email saying we'd been reassigned.  😒

We love the square rooms on the Excel class ships too!

7 hours ago, Luv2Cruze4 said:

Yeah, I know that part. And we have accepted them in the past. I just wondered if there was a protocol that if you declined once you wouldn't be asked again. Regardless of available cabins left.

No, it only and always depends on your booked cabin category.  

Sometimes the upgrade offer shows up when you log into the Carnival website and click on "To Do". I had an upgrade offer waiting for me there yesterday. I turned it down and there was another offer waiting there this morning. Both offers were for an upgrade from an inside cabin on lido to a window cabin on deck 2 for $170, not an upgrade IMO.

22 hours ago, Luv2Cruze4 said:

I have actually heard of people declining an offer and receiving a message from Carnival that they will receive no further offers. I don't know if this is standard procedure or not. I've never actually declined one, just ignored it.

22 hours ago, Riemercruisin said:

Yes, I have. Received an offer to move from a Cove to deck 15 on the Celebration. I declined because it was too much money. 2 weeks later I received an offer for the same move for $64. I took that one.

I got an offer via a phone call to move from a balcony to a suite. The offer was on the high side in my opinion and I declined. About 15 minutes later I got the same offer, but this time at a much lower rate. This time, I took it. 

We have 3 cabins booked on the Horizon in October and we all received an offer to go from deck 6 balcony to deck 12 balcony for $30.00 per cabin and we took it.

On 6/20/2024 at 1:32 PM, csm5986142 said:

We were booked in one of those on the Jubilee and Carnival didn't even offer us an upgrade, they just took it away from us and sent us an email saying we'd been reassigned.  😒

We love the square rooms on the Excel class ships too!

OMG!!  They better not take our room away! It's smack dab in the middle with cabins above and cabins below.  One of the "upgrade offers" were to move up a few decks and it would have been under a public space.  Not sure why the upgrade folks think a higher deck is an "upgrade."

4 hours ago, RockinRobin said:

OMG!!  They better not take our room away! It's smack dab in the middle with cabins above and cabins below.  One of the "upgrade offers" were to move up a few decks and it would have been under a public space.  Not sure why the upgrade folks think a higher deck is an "upgrade."

The higher you stay, the more you pay

The more you pay, the more you sway

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Yes.  I got the same "upgrade" offer on Elation from inside M45 to an inside on Deck 14...three times the same offer lol.  I also got an offer to "upgrade" to an oceanview on deck 7 under the galley (been there done that on that ship and no thanks, that's why I ended up with an inside this time).  Got a call about a week before sailing with an offer for a balcony cabin for a lot more (I don't remember the amount, but enough to make me not even need to think about it).

Turns out my inside M45 forward cabin was a great location (just a couple decks up to lobby bar) and quiet because it was forward of the forward elevators.  I slept better for those 5 nights than I have in the past 5 years.  It was a 3-person cabin if that makes a difference (maybe those are far and few between).

On 6/21/2024 at 10:13 AM, Pyxie said:

I have actually heard of people declining an offer and receiving a message from Carnival that they will receive no further offers. I don't know if this is standard procedure or not. I've never actually declined one, just ignored it.

This happened to me. I was offered a Cove balcony on deck 2 on the Magic for $400 more than my interior on deck 7. I declined it and as I was declining it, it said if you decline you will receive no further offers. I probably should have just let it expire.

Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2024 at 10:13 AM, Pyxie said:

I just declined an "upgrade" offer and I got this confirmation screen: 

Screenshot_2024-06-26_174448.thumb.jpg.4dc41dd4caf7e0c6c157549834f43886.jpg

I have received offers before that I declined and still received new offers. My offers come in the app under "my planner" 

Edited by Oletruckdude
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Oletruckdude said:

I just declined an "upgrade" offer and I got this confirmation screen: 

Screenshot_2024-06-26_174448.thumb.jpg.4dc41dd4caf7e0c6c157549834f43886.jpg

I have received offers before that I declined and still received new offers. My offers come in the app under "my planner" 

To be specific. if you decline, this opportunity will be lost,  At no time, does it mean, all opportunities will be lost.  It is just once others take the upsell, you can't call back and yes, now I'm interested.  

• Like 5

I received an offer to move from my deck 16 forward balcony to a spa balcony on deck 17, Jubilee, December 2024.  I just ignored it and at some point, the offer was gone.  I would check it every so often to see if Carnival sweetened the deal, but no.  I normally pick the cabin I really want, and Carnival has never sent me an offer that blows my mind and I jump on it.  This was all before final payment which is due beginning of September.  I am waiting to see if I get another offer after final payment.  

• Like 1