Ruby Princess: MDR & Shows ... Drink Ordering (Plus CRUISE Package)

Hi Everyone,

We have Plus CRUISE Package. 

1)  When dining in the MDR how do we order our drinks?

*  Best to pick up our drinks at a bar enroute to MDR?  I read that sometimes ordering drinks in MDR takes a long time.

*  Order through the wait staff?  Is this quicker than ordering via Ocean Now?

*  Order via Ocean Now for delivery to MDR?  Does this take a long time?

2)  What about Shows?  

*  Self pick up enroute to show?

*  Order via Ocean Now for delivery to show?  Does this take a long time?

Thanks!

1. As you said it is best to pick up your drinks at the bar before entering the DR. This is fairly easy if you are in the mid ship DRs. If you are dining early in the deck 6 aft DR it's a little distance from open bars.

2. Same with shows.

In both cases you can use Ocean Now. When I was on board this past March Ocean Now was a little slow. 

3 minutes ago, skynight said:

1. As you said it is best to pick up your drinks at the bar before entering the DR. This is fairly easy if you are in the mid ship DRs. If you are dining early in the deck 6 aft DR it's a little distance from open bars.

2. Same with shows.

In both cases you can use Ocean Now. When I was on board this past March Ocean Now was a little slow. 

Thanks for info!

In the past there was waiter service in the theater and we were able to order drinks while waiting for the show. These days, if we want a drink while waiting for the show to start we take it with us. If I order a Martini I ask them to put it in a Rocks glass so I can carry it without spilling the thing everywhere. I don't know how waiters manage to carry them without spilling.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Thrak said:

In the past there was waiter service in the theater and we were able to order drinks while waiting for the show. These days, if we want a drink while waiting for the show to start we take it with us. If I order a Martini I ask them to put it in a Rocks glass so I can carry it without spilling the thing everywhere. I don't know how waiters manage to carry them without spilling.

Great idea.  Thanks!