Value trips

The Hyatt place would be perfect for us.  Just wondering is value trips a safe site to use obviously I’ve never used that. Just wondering other peoples opinion about it. The price is great It’s almost too good to be true. I just want other peoples opinion about this. Thanks.

We use it often and as recently as last month. As soon as their 2025 schedule opens I'll book again with them for next March.

Posted (edited)

I have not used then, I have a reservation for this fall.

My only advice, check threads there were recent posts about trouble with reservation being honored. This is a few of many BUT best to be informed

"Hyatt Place-10th St.Canceled Reservation"

Edited by newcruzer2

We just used them for 4 days total pre and post cruise in May. Have used them about 8-10 times in the past and have ((((  NEVER   ))))) had a problem. Once you receive conformation from them, ( 3-7 days ) call the hotel directly to confirm they have it. You only pay the hotel one you stay and can cancel just about up to your date. 

3 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

We just used them for 4 days total pre and post cruise in May. Have used them about 8-10 times in the past and have ((((  NEVER   ))))) had a problem. Once you receive conformation from them, ( 3-7 days ) call the hotel directly to confirm they have it. You only pay the hotel one you stay and can cancel just about up to your date. 

To the OP, remember this as it's critically important. Call the HP to make sure they have your Valuetrips booking. We've stayed many times at the HP and have used VT a few times. The last time I booked through them and called the hotel, I was informed that my reservation, confirmed by VT, was for a blacked out date and couldn't be honoured. Had I not called the HP directly, we would have shown up at the hotel and not had a room. That being said, VT is usually fine and their prices obviously can be outrageously good

4 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we've just stayed at the Hyatt through Valuetrips reservations (2 rooms). I checked the Hyatt website several times up to the day of arrival to make sure our reservations were intact. 

How did you check the website. My reservation isn't under my upcoming trips obviously, bc I booked thru VT.

when I asked to add it to my acct, just so I could do the same, and check on it. They said no, and thought I wanted to earn pts on that night ( which I didn't and Wasn't asking to do, just see it on Hyatt website)

22 hours ago, lx200gps said:

To the OP, remember this as it's critically important. Call the HP to make sure they have your Valuetrips booking. We've stayed many times at the HP and have used VT a few times. The last time I booked through them and called the hotel, I was informed that my reservation, confirmed by VT, was for a blacked out date and couldn't be honoured. Had I not called the HP directly, we would have shown up at the hotel and not had a room. That being said, VT is usually fine and their prices obviously can be outrageously good

thank you very much