Below the Salt on Seashore again. Essiesmom sails 6/23-6/30, 2024

Essiesmom

On 6/24/2024 at 5:00 PM, umpisoccer said:

Excellent review.  We are on this June 23rd sailing as well. We are staying in a YC interior room.  So far for us we have been very impressed with all aspects of the Yacht Club.   It was so amazing to have a relaxing buffet lunch at the YC pool deck on embarkation day.  No crowds and we also received snacks and drinks at the topsail lounge before lunch started.  We had an excellent dinner in the restaurant at 540 pm and we're done by 7 pm to attend the variety show in the thearter.  This morning we had breakfast at the YC pool buffet which was also outstanding (including fresh squeezed oj - Yum) The YC beach was perfect - cool refreshing water with bar service brought right to our chairs.  We had a nice breeze blowing to keep us cool at lunch which was good but not as good as last summer (not as much lobster in the roll and it didn't include the bacon like it did last year) I am looking forward to the filet mignon tonight for dinner and an evening walk around the island to watch the sunset. MSC is definitely continuing to impress us.

What time did you arrive and board the ship??

Very sorry to see your cruise coming to an end but wanted to thank you for taking us along on your latest journey and sharing your experience with us. We are very glad that you had an enjoyable time and can't wait to follow along on your next adventure. 

• Like 4

As you can tell, I was up very early to get those arrival shots.  Got to the buffet before it got crowded.  Always impressed with the different things they come up with for breakfast.  I left my cabin shortly after 8am and headed for the Sports Bar where the diamonds were to meet, group #5.  They called us just about on time of 0830.  I felt sorry for the people who did not check their large suitcases as they led us off…because we were on deck 8 and had to walk down to deck 7.  My small case bump bumped down the stairs behind me.  Then it was wind around a bit to get dinged out…but not nearly as bad as on the late arrival back in Dec.  

What I like about debarking is that it is all downhill.  I found my larger bag, and decided to treat myself.  I got a porter.  I’m sure he was looking for a family of 5 with 15 bags, but it was just me, with two.  We bypassed the lines for facial recognition and went quickly through the passport line (the couple ahead were using BC and ID) and out to the parking area.  I know I could have dragged those bags to the garage, but the hardest is getting the larger one into the trunk.  That’s where the porter is worth his tip.  
  I was on the road by 0900, traffic was not too bad, it being Sunday.  At about 3 hours I stopped at the welcome center across the GA line, needed some exercise and to fill my cup with water.  Two hours later I was home.  With one stop in GA at exit 49 at McDonalds for a small fry.   Exit 49, Darien is where I enter and leave the interstate, for the enjoyment of the back roads.  About 20 minutes from home, on the country roads, I had a small deer run across the road in front of me.  
   The next one?  Well, it’s in two weeks, and is a mixed bag.  There is a 3 day cruise on Magnifica but I wouldn’t fly to Miami for on,y a three day cruise.  So in front of it is a five day cruise in the cheapest cabin on Virgin Voyages Valiant Lady.  At 80, I am definitely not the demographic they want, but I’m giving it a try.  And I think Essie wants to go on this one.  I might have to double report on this one, on both boards.  EM

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

So in front of it is a five day cruise in the cheapest cabin on Virgin Voyages Valiant Lady.

Now this will be a review to pique my interest. Never been tempted. Never felt 'Rock Star' could hold a candle to Yacht Club by all other accounts. We in suite class still glean insight (and incite) from your postings.

• Like 2

Going on Seashore July 7th. Went on Seaside last year. Probably similar ships but thanks for the report and information. Seasoned, diamond Carnival and RCCL traveler but the single internet usage and no anytime dining unless in certain categories are hard for me to understand or like. Other than that, I do like their ships.

20 minutes ago, shibby sails said:

Going on Seashore July 7th. Went on Seaside last year. Probably similar ships but thanks for the report and information. Seasoned, diamond Carnival and RCCL traveler but the single internet usage and no anytime dining unless in certain categories are hard for me to understand or like. Other than that, I do like their ships.

Actually, I find them quite different.  You won’t face plant in the mirrors on Seashore.  There are so many places in the aft areas on the public decks that just don’t exist on Seaside, even though the specialties were moved down to deck 8 from 16.  And the entire buffet on 16.  If you are on the 7 day the menus and planners should be the same as what I posted.  EM

• Like 1

On 6/30/2024 at 6:30 AM, Essiesmom said:

Pics from my iPhone

IMG_1523.jpeg

IMG_1524.jpeg

IMG_1525.jpeg

IMG_1527.jpeg

Wow! That new parking garage is going up quick!! When I was last there on March 31st, they had just started installing the vertical pilings for the structure. Hopefully, they will complete the construction and have it open well in advance of the published November 1st date. For my cruise in two-and-a-half weeks, I am using Park Port Canaveral (PPC), so I don't have to sit and wait for the garage to open. I already have a 10:00 AM shuttle reservation from the PPC lot, so I will be at the terminal long before the garage opens. And, with the discount code I had, it is saving me $45 from what the terminal parking would cost.

1 hour ago, ebeluga said:

Forgot to ask earlier...what kind of Internet plans does MSC offer and any discount for diamond members?  Thx!

The plans are not cheap, and the only discount is to to book online prior to the cruise.  Each plan is per device.  You can’t buy a one device plan and switch between devices.  I carry an iPhone and iPad.  This time it was my old iPad mini 4.  So I bought a two device plan.  EM

• Thanks 1