Quick help needed about Junior Suites on Indy

Thinking about booking two JS staterooms on the Indy for Fall for a 5 night cruise.  There will be 3 persons to a stateroom (1 child in each - taking advantage of the kids sail free that ends tomorrow) and we are looking at a JS GTY.  At this point, a GTY is preferable in price to picking stateroom numbers.  We are not concerned about being near each other.  Since we have never stayed in a JS on this class of ship, we know nothing about location, however.   As far as location or configuration goes, are there any Junior Suites that are not that great?    

Additionally, although we are Diamond Plus/Elite Plus, we have not sailed with RCCL in 10 years (Celebrity in 5) and are not familiar with RCCL changes.    Are Butlers in the JS suite still a thing?  Prefer not to have one.  Thank you!

Posted (edited)

Thanks!  Always felt like the Butler was a waste on us.  Felt awkward!  We are fine with little to no amenities, so the lounge is not an issue.  Yes, the JS were always a nice sized room for the two of us.  I have looked at a video and there appears to be little change in the size from when we were last in one.  This time, we would share the stateroom with our 11 year old grandson who is on the small size.  Our adult daughters would share a room with my granddaughter (8). Is the sofa bed on the Indy a pull out, or a converta-bed?

Edited by Iamthesea

11 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Thinking about booking two JS staterooms on the Indy for Fall for a 5 night cruise.  There will be 3 persons to a stateroom (1 child in each - taking advantage of the kids sail free that ends tomorrow) and we are looking at a JS GTY.  At this point, a GTY is preferable in price to picking stateroom numbers.  We are not concerned about being near each other.  Since we have never stayed in a JS on this class of ship, we know nothing about location, however.   As far as location or configuration goes, are there any Junior Suites that are not that great?    

Additionally, although we are Diamond Plus/Elite Plus, we have not sailed with RCCL in 10 years (Celebrity in 5) and are not familiar with RCCL changes.    Are Butlers in the JS suite still a thing?  Prefer not to have one.  Thank you!

Most are in very good locations.  If you like direct aft cabins, there are JS located aft on decks 7 and 10.    The only ones maybe you want to avoid are on deck 11 forward (3 of them) in a small corridor off the fitness center.  But others might think these are fine too.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Are you sure there were butlers for JS 10 years ago? I think it's been 10 years when I was in a JS and no real amenities. No butler. I'd guess it's been a lot more years than 10 since they had butlers for JS. Maybe you had a full suite? 

All I've gotten was faster boarding and no other amenity, but maybe I just wasnt aware of what was offered. I learned a lot during covid about royal I didnt know. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Are you sure there were butlers for JS 10 years ago? I think it's been 10 years when I was in a JS and no real amenities. No butler. I'd guess it's been a lot more years than 10 since they had butlers for JS. Maybe you had a full suite? 

All I've gotten was faster boarding and no other amenity, but maybe I just wasnt aware of what was offered. I learned a lot during covid about royal I didnt know. 

You know, you are correct.  Getting them mixed up with Celebrity and their SS.  We did have a Butler on our last RCCL cruise, however.  We were in a Grand Suite.

1 hour ago, George C said:

Rccl doesn’t have butlers, big plus is being diamond plus you each get 5 free drinks everyday. Also free photo .

That's very surprising!!!  Just DH and I are Diamond Plus.  My girls are not.  That will save us having to get a drink package because we will not drink more than that per day.  Is their a link to that info?  I tried to sign into our accounts and our past sign-in information (emails/passwords) are not working for either of us.  I do have our C&A numbers.

TeeRick - Thanks for the room information.  We are more concerned about overhead noise.  I'll have to loon at a deck plan.

Edited by Iamthesea

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

We did have a Butler on our last RCCL cruise, however.  We were in a Grand Suite.

They are not a butler working on certain number of cabins but a concierge who supports all full suites. The closest thing RCI has to a butler are the Genies for Star class guest on O,Q and I class ships.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

You know, you are correct.  Getting them mixed up with Celebrity and their SS.  We did have a Butler on our last RCCL cruise, however.  We were in a Grand Suite.

That's very surprising!!!  Just DH and I are Diamond Plus.  My girls are not.  That will save us having to get a drink package because we will not drink more than that per day.  Is their a link to that info?  I tried to sign into our accounts and our past sign-in information (emails/passwords) are not working for either of us.  I do have our C&A numbers.

TeeRick - Thanks for the room information.  We are more concerned about overhead noise.  I'll have to loon at a deck plan.

Call rccl you may also be able to get a discount on cruise fare because of diamond but that depends on price of cabin . I wasn’t able to get discount on last cruise.

• Thanks 1