Mosquito Bite Prevention email

I just received an email that looks like it is from NCL about Mosquito Bite Prevention. Although it looks legit, I am wary about opening it up

Has anyone else received a similar email?

Posted (edited)

i have never seen emails about mosquitos (or any insects) from NCL.  I would be careful. I guess you could use on line chat with an NCL rep and find out.

Edited by catsarealiens

I have seen other reports about it on CC. It is from NCL (assuming you got the same one others did) it is just a caution to be aware of mosquitoes is Europe. You can ignore the email, but take some bug spray with you. 

• Like 1

UPDATE: I asked others from my sailing and they finally responded. They have also received this email.  It is a letter with preventative measures (see below).  I then did some further investigation. It seems that mosquitos with the malaria virus have been recently found in the Puglia region of Italy after it was deemed eradicated 50 years ago.  Mosquitos with malaria have also recently been found in other Mediterranean countries such as Greece. [We will be sailing in these areas.] The reports I have seen state that tourists should not worry, but to take preventative measures just in case.May be an image of text

• Like 1

2 hours ago, catsarealiens said:

i have never seen emails about mosquitos (or any insects) from NCL.  

NCL recently sent a similar email about six weeks ago. A search of CC should help you find it.