Azamara Journey

Karen Lynn

13 minutes ago, Belfastman said:

The essentials package includes the normal WiFi not high speed. We are currently on this.

All three Experience More packages, including Essentials, give Wifi Plus for one device.  Just finished 23 days with the Essentials package and had high speed wifi for one device.

3 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

All three Experience More packages, including Essentials, give Wifi Plus for one device.  Just finished 23 days with the Essentials package and had high speed wifi for one device.

Yes this refers to you buying the package but is different if it is included as the Exmo as part of a promotion as I am now experiencing. 

1 hour ago, Belfastman said:

Yes this refers to you buying the package but is different if it is included as the Exmo as part of a promotion as I am now experiencing. 

Mine was part of a booking promotion.  I would never have paid for it.

Edited by marinaro44
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Belfastman said:

The essentials package includes the normal WiFi not high speed. We are currently on this.

We had the high speed with the essentials package on Onward in July.

9 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

Mine was part of a booking promotion.  I would never have paid for it.

Checked with guest relations today and yes it is for one device per stateroom but I needed to check as they had to connect me to WiFi plus it does not happen automatically.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Belfastman said:

Checked with guest relations today and yes it is for one device per stateroom but I needed to check as they had to connect me to WiFi plus it does not happen automatically.

Glad you got that fixed.

Think we’ve decided on the Spain Intensive itinerary on Journey for our first Azamara experience. Has anyone been on this itinerary in November and, if so, what were the weather/sea conditions like? Should we expect much movement? Additionally, we were thinking of a V2 cabin on deck 7, around 7091 or 7088 (first few cabins of the aft section). Is this a good area i.e. quiet and not any window-washing equipment outside the balconies etc? Any advice would be greatly received.

5 hours ago, villauk said:

Think we’ve decided on the Spain Intensive itinerary on Journey for our first Azamara experience. Has anyone been on this itinerary in November and, if so, what were the weather/sea conditions like? Should we expect much movement? Additionally, we were thinking of a V2 cabin on deck 7, around 7091 or 7088 (first few cabins of the aft section). Is this a good area i.e. quiet and not any window-washing equipment outside the balconies etc? Any advice would be greatly received.

We did this cruise last year departing Barcelona October 31.  It was wonderful!  The weather was perfect, the only issue that we had was Cartegena.  We missed that port due to the wind, the entrance to the port is narrow and the direction of the wind prevented us from getting in.  But we weren't the only ones.  There was a larger HAL ship in front of us and they couldn't get in either.  But Captain Johannes tried!!  But the rest of the cruise was wonderful!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dtagirl said:

We did this cruise last year departing Barcelona October 31.  It was wonderful!  The weather was perfect, the only issue that we had was Cartegena.  We missed that port due to the wind, the entrance to the port is narrow and the direction of the wind prevented us from getting in.  But we weren't the only ones.  There was a larger HAL ship in front of us and they couldn't get in either.  But Captain Johannes tried!!  But the rest of the cruise was wonderful!

Thank you for replying. It’s great to hear from someone that’s actually taken the cruise previously.

40 minutes ago, dtagirl said:

Do you recall which evening was the Azamazing one? There a few ports where the ship doesn’t leave until 10pm and Seville is an overnight stop too.

11 hours ago, villauk said:

We did this in November 2019. AzaMazing Evening was in Valencia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wjfan417 said:

We did this in November 2019. AzaMazing Evening was in Valencia.

@wjfan417 Thank you for confirming; it will assist us when booking tours etc. Do you think the cabin location I have suggested above for the V2 cabins is a good area? Just want some reassurance really, it being our first time on Azamara. TIA.

18 minutes ago, villauk said:

@wjfan417 Thank you for confirming; it will assist us when booking tours etc. Do you think the cabin location I have suggested above for the V2 cabins is a good area? Just want some reassurance really, it being our first time on Azamara. TIA.

That is my preferred cabin location.  Close to the stairs, two flights up or down to food and entertainment. Very stable is high seas. Cabins above and below for quiet.   Also very close (but not too close) to laundry/ iron board,

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, villauk said:

Do you recall which evening was the Azamazing one? There a few ports where the ship doesn’t leave until 10pm and Seville is an overnight stop too.

Having done the Spain Intensive (in the other direction, so ending in Barcelona) last year, our Azamazing Evening was held during the overnight stay in Seville.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, villauk said:

The AzAmazing Evening should be listed under the shore excursions for $0

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sczcardfan said:

Having done the Spain Intensive (in the other direction, so ending in Barcelona) last year, our Azamazing Evening was held during the overnight stay in Seville.

Thanks. Did you enjoy the itinerary? We’ve cruised Spain many times but there are some new ports for us on this one. I think that’s one reason why my DH wants to try the smaller ships: different port stops from the standard cruise-line offerings.

18 minutes ago, villauk said:

Thanks. Did you enjoy the itinerary? We’ve cruised Spain many times but there are some new ports for us on this one. I think that’s one reason why my DH wants to try the smaller ships: different port stops from the standard cruise-line offerings.

The smaller Spanish ports are a must in my view. Being docked downtown in places like Seville cannot be beaten 

• Like 6

23 hours ago, villauk said:

We're on a Spain intensive that starts in Bordeaux in two days.  The Azamazing evening for us is in Gibraltar.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, villauk said:

Loved the cruise, loved Spain. And being able to cruise upriver and actually dock in the center of Seville was amazing!

And as others have said, once Azamara release information about their shore excursions for the cruise, just look for the $0 charge excursion and you will know where your Azamazing Evening is being held. Given the various responses from people here, Azamara obviously does not have one set port for it on their Spain Intensive cruises.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2024 at 3:45 AM, villauk said:

...we were thinking of a V2 cabin on deck 7, around 7091 or 7088 (first few cabins of the aft section). Is this a good area i.e. quiet and not any window-washing equipment outside the balconies etc? Any advice would be greatly received.

We were in 7091 on sister-ship Aza. Onward last month.  Faint machinery noise was sometimes evident in the hallway inboard of the cabin, but we did not notice it in the cabin.  Likewise, in late 2019 we were one deck lower, almost directly below those cabins on deck 6, when Onward was still sailing as Pacific Princess; we also noticed (at times) some dull noise in the hallway during that cruise, but not in the cabin. 

Also, no issues with noise from cabins forward, aft, above or below, and no outboard obstructions.  7091 and 7088 are convenient to the stairwell & lifts, and to the laundry, while being far enough away for those not to be problematic at all.  Overall, those V2 cabins are a good choice, and we chose 7088 on Aza. Journey for a cruise in 2025.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, J-D said:

We were in 7091 on sister-ship Aza. Onward last month.  Faint machinery noise was sometimes evident in the hallway inboard of the cabin, but we did not notice it in the cabin.  Likewise, in late 2019 we were one deck lower, almost directly below those cabins on deck 6, when Onward was still sailing as Pacific Princess; we also noticed (at times) some dull noise in the hallway during that cruise, but not in the cabin. 

Also, no issues with noise from cabins forward, aft, above or below, and no outboard obstructions.  7091 and 7088 are convenient to the stairwell & lifts, and to the laundry, while being far enough away for those not to be problematic at all.  Overall, those V2 cabins are a good choice, and we chose 7088 on Aza. Journey for a cruise in 2025.

Excellent. Thank you for the very detailed response; it’s very much appreciated.

On 9/10/2024 at 8:31 AM, villauk said:

Thank you for replying. It’s great to hear from someone that’s actually taken the cruise previously.

Our Azamazing evening was Valencia and it was off the ship.  It was wonderful!  They buzzed us to the venue that was in the city center.  It was a combination of some cirque type acts along with a story.  One thing, they disembarked us for the busses by deck after the suites.  And deck 7 was first. 

The only bad thing was it was November 1st, a Holy day, so nothing was opened in the town.  So we rode the shuttle downtown during the day, and found that out, so we rode it back to the ship.

Enjoy the cruise, it is a wonderful itinerary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtagirl said:

Our Azamazing evening was Valencia and it was off the ship.  It was wonderful!  They buzzed us to the venue that was in the city center.  It was a combination of some cirque type acts along with a story.  One thing, they disembarked us for the busses by deck after the suites.  And deck 7 was first. 

The only bad thing was it was November 1st, a Holy day, so nothing was opened in the town.  So we rode the shuttle downtown during the day, and found that out, so we rode it back to the ship.

Enjoy the cruise, it is a wonderful itinerary.

Thank you so much for those details. I’m pretty sure ours will be Valencia as our cruise starts in Barcelona. It’s all very exciting at the moment as it’s strange to be a ‘newbie’ 😂.

On 9/10/2024 at 11:03 PM, aussie travel bird said:

The AzAmazing Evening should be listed under the shore excursions for $0

Can’t see it, but perhaps it’s a little too early to be showing 🤷‍♀️.