The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday June 25th, 2024

richwmn

40 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Yesterday, after fighting the HAL website, we did something we never had done.  We booked the 2025 Artic Circle Solstice cruise.  We normally book a lot closer to the cruise, but this is one I've wanted to do, and they had a good sail going until the end of the month.  Carolyn @Cruising-along if all goes right, we'll finally get to meet.

Great news!

Now I have even more reason to look forward to that cruise. 🙂  (we really need a "love" button choice)

Pop on over to the roll call -- it isn't super active yet, I think most of us are avidly following all the live froms and roll call for this year's cruise.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Great news!

Now I have even more reason to look forward to that cruise. 🙂  (we really need a "love" button choice)

Pop on over to the roll call -- it isn't super active yet, I think most of us are avidly following all the live froms and roll call for this year's cruise.  

Thanks, Carolyn.  I looked at the roll call Sunday and will join shortly.  I tried to book our HIA dinners and shore excursions.  The site said no dining options available, and the excursions I wanted to do were sold out.  Of course, we've cruised and driven to Alaska so many times, we've pretty much seen it all and done just about everything.  We even stopped in Wrangell on the ferry, but after a couple of blocks, I realized it was too far to walk into town and get back in time.  Besides, it started raining.

Lenda

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Thanks, Carolyn.  I looked at the roll call Sunday and will join shortly.  I tried to book our HIA dinners and shore excursions.  The site said no dining options available, and the excursions I wanted to do were sold out.

Yes, I was going to mention that the shore excursions are already selling out.  But do get on a waitlist if you see something you like.  We just cleared the waitlist for one we wanted, and it happened faster than I thought it would. 

With the number of times you've been to Alaska, you'll be a wealth of information for most of us.  We haven't been any further north than Anchorage and never been to Wrangell, Valdez, Nome, Homer, Dutch Harbor or Kodiak. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Yes, I was going to mention that the shore excursions are already selling out.  But do get on a waitlist if you see something you like.  We just cleared the waitlist for one we wanted, and it happened faster than I thought it would. 

With the number of times you've been to Alaska, you'll be a wealth of information for most of us.  We haven't been any further north than Anchorage and never been to Wrangell, Valdez, Nome, Homer, Dutch Harbor or Kodiak. 

We've never been to Nome and only one brief visit to Dutch Harbor 24 years ago.  As I said, Wrangell was a quick ferry stop, so I'm looking forward to seeing it.  We also disembarked the ferry in Prince Rupert, but only saw part of it in the very early morning in the rain as we drove through town.  Homer and Valdez are interesting, quirky towns.  The pipeline ends in Valdez.

Lenda

• Like 10

Good evening from Golden Beach.  Our drive up was uneventful, just the way you want a drive to be.  

@marshhawk I’m sorry about the passing of your friend.  May your memories bring you comfort.

@Cruzin Terri I hope all goes well with your appointment tomorrow.

@Vict0riann I hope all goes well for you tomorrow.

@Quartzsite Cruiser @Cruising-along Lenda and Carolyn, how fun!! I’m sure you’ll really enjoy that cruise.

IMG_3389.thumb.jpeg.fc9045f6b8eec5de8f8e252cbab00db0.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, dfish said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser @Cruising-along Lenda and Carolyn, how fun!! I’m sure you’ll really enjoy that cruise.

Beautiful! Glad your drive was uneventful. 

Wish you could come on our cruise too! I know it will be fun. 

The kitties have settled down and we’re having a  peaceful afternoon. How long will it last?? 🤣

It was nice to see DD, DSIL and the boys off on their adventure. Well worth driving through the awful traffic for those hugs!

Here they are, ready to go!

IMG_4563.jpeg.5790480a7825cbeda7b1cd15dd3c9795.jpeg

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Thanks, Carolyn.  I looked at the roll call Sunday and will join shortly.  I tried to book our HIA dinners and shore excursions.  The site said no dining options available, and the excursions I wanted to do were sold out.  Of course, we've cruised and driven to Alaska so many times, we've pretty much seen it all and done just about everything.  We even stopped in Wrangell on the ferry, but after a couple of blocks, I realized it was too far to walk into town and get back in time.  Besides, it started raining.

Lenda

We have a cruise booked with HAL in mid December and dining didn't become available until today, 172 days out so may be a bit before dining opens.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Good evening from Golden Beach.  Our drive up was uneventful, just the way you want a drive to be.  

@marshhawk I’m sorry about the passing of your friend.  May your memories bring you comfort.

@Cruzin Terri I hope all goes well with your appointment tomorrow.

@Vict0riann I hope all goes well for you tomorrow.

Debbie, you and Sue should consider the cruise.  There is a good sale intil the end of the month with a lot of perks.  I'm not sure when HAL will offermit again.

Lenda

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Wrapping up today. 6 months today is Christmas 🎄, get those lists started.

If anyone wants to see a beautiful sunset, go to website for JerseyCapeRealty, click on drop down for Cape May Guide, then CapeMay webcam. The last one Sunset beach looking west is the winner.

Not ready for Christmas and will not succumb. Thank you!

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Ok, I finally saw one of those moments in life, that I will remember forever. It was 97 degrees and hotter than Hades in the sun, I decided I was not going to turn on the oven, so I went to chick fil a to get dinner. I wasn't running the air, a breeze was blowing, I was in the drive thru and was waiting 3 cars back to get to the window for pick up.  I hear a tuba.  I looked around to see if any one in line had a kid playing a tuba in the car (which would be odd) and then I thought it was a musical weed wacker, who would be playing a tuba outside in this heat?  Then I heard two tubas, and then 3, and across the street, coming down the hill were the 3 most disheveled looking teenagers slowly marching down the hill, playing their tubas that shown brightly in the sun. Took on a whole new meaning of take your toys and play outside.

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Ok, I finally saw one of those moments in life, that I will remember forever. It was 97 degrees and hotter than Hades in the sun, I decided I was not going to turn on the oven, so I went to chick fil a to get dinner. I wasn't running the air, a breeze was blowing, I was in the drive thru and was waiting 3 cars back to get to the window for pick up.  I hear a tuba.  I looked around to see if any one in line had a kid playing a tuba in the car (which would be odd) and then I thought it was a musical weed wacker, who would be playing a tuba outside in this heat?  Then I heard two tubas, and then 3, and across the street, coming down the hill were the 3 most disheveled looking teenagers slowly marching down the hill, playing their tubas that shown brightly in the sun. Took on a whole new meaning of take your toys and play outside.

Dinner and a show at CFA - who knew?!

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 6