Changing Dining Time?

yogimax

2 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

Yes, they do.  Well, a couple.  And it was the 24 hour restaurant that I missed the most when I was on my msc cruise.  It was no problem when the msc buffet stayed open until 4am, but when they switched to 1am, it sucked 

If not having dining available late is an issue for you, never sail Princess! The buffet closes at 10:00 and the pizza slice place next to the pool closes at 11:00. Nothing is available anywhere after that.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

If not having dining available late is an issue for you, never sail Princess! The buffet closes at 10:00 and the pizza slice place next to the pool closes at 11:00. Nothing is available anywhere after that.

Wow.  Funny thing is I never eat past 8 at home.  But on a cruise, I'm up gambling, drinking and partying until the wee hours of the morning.  On ncl, a late night osherhans run became part of my cruising routine 

11 hours ago, ray98 said:

I say that every time we go.  This was the first time we had ever been stuck with it though.  It really did impact the trip, not eating dinner until 9pm and not finishing until 11pm is just not our thing.

i'd be up all night with acid reflux if I ate that late. 😗

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Edited by Illbcruzn4life

6 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

But they haven’t all figured it out.  My experience on Celebrity last summer was a disaster.  I had select dining, but you had to make a reservation to eat when you wanted.  Otherwise you waited …and waited…. The first night it was an hour, second night 45 min.  Third night was a late port night so no wait.  After that I ate in the lackluster buffet.  On Carnival you log into the app and they tell you how long the wait will be…might be short, might be more than an hour.  EM

most times short except on elegant nights.

Was just on Seashore, asked for early, was assigned a table at 7:15 pm.  Went to dining reservations just after boarding (deck 6 near shops?) and they moved us to 5pm in a different dining room no issue.  We had two people at a table for 4 and no one ever joined us.  We specifically said we'd be ok at a group table.  We were given a window table against the wall with a "view".  Dining times in that restaurant were 5pm, 7:15, and 9pm.

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2024 at 4:47 PM, dbrown84 said:

Well, ncl has anytime dining and there are not long wait times.  I'm just pointing out one example of it working 

That's not always the case with NCL! On my last NCL cruise (~2 months ago) we waited at least 30 min to more than one hour for dinner in the MDR. It was a mess! Breakfast and lunch in the MDR were only slightly better, 15-30 minutes of waiting. Then the service was extremely slow once we sat down!

5 minutes ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

That's not always the case with NCL! On my last NCL cruise (~2 months ago) we waited at least 30 min to more than one hour for dinner in the MDR. It was a mess! Breakfast and lunch in the MDR were only slightly better, 15-30 minutes of waiting. Then the service was extremely slow once we sat down!

well, as I'm sure you know....nothing is always the case.  9 cruises, and I've never waited more than 10 minutes, either for the MDR or specialty.   Now, I will join you on the extremely slow service one you sit down.

• Thanks 2