Current Club Orange people: Beechers Mac & Cheese?

POA1

For anyone currently in Club Orange on a Pinnacle Class ship: Are they still offering the Beechers Mac and Cheese, Seared Tuna Shaved Asparagus Salad and the extra salmon dish in the CO dining room?

It's no longer on the Nieuw Statendam CO menu in the Navigator app.

• Like 1

I hope so!  Was on the NS for two weeks in March.  We frequently ordered the Beecher's Mac and Cheese as a side dish and I thought Seared Tuna Shaved Asparagus salad was so good I ordered it 3 times.  I am looking forward to having it again on the Rotterdam in August even though it is not currently list on the CO menu I see on the app.

• Thanks 1

I was on NS June 1-15. I don’t think I saw the mac & cheese listed every day on the CO menu except for maybe once or twice (when it may also have been listed on the MDR menu), but I know I saw it at least occasionally. I don’t recall seeing the tuna and asparagus salad, but I also wasn’t specifically looking for it, and I recall one waiter saying at one point (in response to a different question) that they only had the white asparagus on board at the time, so maybe that’ll be different on a different itinerary? I know the extra salmon dish was there every night, though. 

• Thanks 1

The Mac & cheese we were served in CO on the NS was completely different than what was served in the Lido.  (I’ve never had it in MDR.)  The CO Mac. & cheese was baked in a ramekin, came out bubbling with a nice crispier topping, it was cheesier, less liquidy. YMMV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, erdufylla said:

I was on NS June 1-15. I don’t think I saw the mac & cheese listed every day on the CO menu except for maybe once or twice (when it may also have been listed on the MDR menu), but I know I saw it at least occasionally. I don’t recall seeing the tuna and asparagus salad, but I also wasn’t specifically looking for it, and I recall one waiter saying at one point (in response to a different question) that they only had the white asparagus on board at the time, so maybe that’ll be different on a different itinerary? I know the extra salmon dish was there every night, though. 

Thanks for the update!

I noticed that on the current Zuiderdam MDR lunch menu that the macaroni and cheese is no longer listed as Beechers. I’m not sure if it’s itinerary related or if they no longer have the Beechers cheese fleet wide. I’ll find out in August while on the Zuiderdam and report back. I enjoyed it many times at lunch. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2024 at 3:50 PM, POA1 said:

I hope so, too. Fortunately for me, you'll be doing advance reconnaissance for me before we sail on the Rotterdam in March.

I will be aboard the Rotterdam for both 9 and 12-days in mid-November and will add mac & cheese to my list of investigation items.  Stay tuned until November for the Rotterdam Caribbean season daily programs.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When the MDR had the same daily lunch menu, the mac and cheese was "Beecher's" (on the menu, anyway). Since the shift to different daily MDR lunch menus, HAL no longer claims the mac and cheese is Beecher's.

IME, the mac and cheese quality is largely dependent on the chefs' onboard execution of standardized HAL menus, rather than the name. 

• Like 2